Greetings! -  Bluehawk Update! (101 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 9) 
Hi, y'all!

It's been a busy couple weeks, so here's the poop (ummm...not literally...you know what I mean).

1)My check card account got hacked by someone in Bucharest, Romania last week. They hit it while I was on a Cub Scout camping trip, so they cleaned me out over the weekend. My bank is investigating, and it was pretty easy to prove I was NOT in Romania. But my accounts were frozen, I bounced real payments, all in all a real challenge to my serenity. But I should have the money back and everything straightened out next week. Phew!

2)We're about to have an ordained UU lay minister in the Realm. Yep, I get installed (which makes me feel like a light bulb) on October 10. I finished classes last week, and passed the test at the Bridge of Death (Blue! No - Green! AAAAAUGH!!!!). So I kin marry folks in a UU church an' all that silly stuff.

The 60-something senior minister teaching the class was a little squirrily at first to have an out Pagan in the class, but it went well - I answered the Latin stuff and details on Arianism and other major non-Trinitarian Xian heresies that UU's trace their roots to that our class Candler School of Theology (Emory U) student couldn't (*G*), and otherwise done good. I had fun doing an off-the-top-of-my head precis of how Mani's Dualist heresy had its roots in Zoroastrianism. And how Mr. Z had screwed world religion up with his good/bad Dualist corruption of the original Aryan Polytheism that recognized a single Godhead behind all Deities, as documented in the Vedas. Fun, fun...

I considered being instaled in robes with all my cords & etc., but my mom & some of my co-workers (including the very Xian Executive Director) are coming. Ahhh...I feel bad broomcloseting, but my poor old mother hates my Pagan ways, so I don't want to give her a heart attack. And I am up for a major promotion at work (more later). So I will imitate our forebears, and hold the Lady in my heart.

3)My recently purchased Honda CR-V is doing great. But they didn't honor the service agreement fully when I brought it in to have routine maintenance. Working in a law office has some advantages - I eventually got my discounts, plus my warranty and service agreement money back.

4)My band is...hmmm...why do I smell brimstone? And what am I doing in this handbasket? The percussionist quit, plus more squabbles. I'm playing our Pagan Pride Day gigs, then reconsidering.

5)OK, who can make me a really cool sig like Miss B's (well, not EXACTLY like...)?

6)So, what's up with everyone else?

BB (making up for lost time),
BH

Reply   Options 

From: MissBanjo DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host9/19/04 2:31 PM 
To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (2 of 9) 
 9099.2 in reply to 9099.1 
It was made by Steffie on a sig forum, although I don't remember what forum it was!

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host9/20/04 3:12 PM 
To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (3 of 9) 
 9099.3 in reply to 9099.1 
Romania?

Wow-- that sucks!

Congrats on the Ministry! That's wonderful!
:-)

And best of luck on the promotion!

I've had a busy weekend-- one of my best friends got married in Malibu-- just trying to catch up with a gadzillion posts-- more later!

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 9) 
 9099.4 in reply to 9099.3 
Just got my money back today...almost $900. Phew! I have my new debit card, too - which will NOT go on PayPal, thankyouverymuch!

I am sooo tired! So I'm going to bed early...tomorrow work, MRI tomorrow afternoon to see about next surgery, class tomorrow night (on Joseph Campbell's "The Power of Myth"); Thursday, work then meet to organize new Pagan group & start planning for intergenerational Samhain Ritual at my UU church; Friday, work then Cub Scouts, Saturday kid time, then band practice, then more kid time; Sunday...

Dang, I'm pretty busy these days!
BH

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host9/21/04 10:34 PM 
To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (5 of 9) 
 9099.5 in reply to 9099.4 
Oh my... it was through Pay Pal that they got you?

I'm glad you got the $$ back.

What next surgery?? I thought you were through... why doncha e-mail me dear.

Yeah, you are very busy, but except for the MRI, it all sounds like great stuff. Class on J. Campbell's Power of Myth-- groovy!

I did the Samhain service for my UU Church back east for 3 years in a row--- what a blast!
:-)

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (6 of 9) 
 9099.6 in reply to 9099.1 
Thanks for the update! I was wondering about you lately.. dunno why..

Sucks about the money woes. Someone tried to bait DH's account with a penny transaction to see if the account was valid. The bank caught it and called DH to kill his visa check card and get a new one. Was a PITA for him but better than someone wiping out his account... sheesh!

Congrats on being installed... hehehe... oh the images that conjures up... bad Saff, bad.

Not up to much myself.. work, kids, SpiralScouts... got to our local PPD the other week, which was a blast. A local group of Pagans that I belong to has also been working hard at sponsoring little gatherings and such of folks from our yahoo list, we had one in July and another just this past weekend, looking to do another in a couple weeks and one around Sahmain (there's a witches ball happening locally but I use that term loosely as in past years, it's been a very fluffy event with nothing being taken seriously... more Harry Potter than serious Pagan or witch stuff - run by someone who thinks him the shiznit of high priests no less).. has been a lot of fun, keeping us very busy as well. DH is considering that he may be Pagan and just not know it yet. I have him reading some 101 stuff.. don't want to innundate him with too much but he's also been attending the UU fellowship I belong to... where we found, yet another Pagan family the other week!

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (7 of 9) 
 9099.7 in reply to 9099.6 
Well, I finally got my money back, and a new card. It was just a practical lesson in how small the world is these days - how someone in Romania could 'reach out and touch' me. Or my checking account, anyway!

Our PPD is October 3; and the band I produce, "Spiral Rhythm," is doing the music at the services at my UU congregation on October 17 (they were already booked for a paying gig on the 31st). The MD there loved their CD!

I told our senior minister, upon being told that we would be installed on October 10, that it made us seem like light bulbs. He asked me how that made me feel, and I said, "Illuminated."

BB,
BH

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (8 of 9) 
 9099.8 in reply to 9099.7 
Oh *groan*... very punny dear.. ;)

I wish I were closer.. sounds like your PPD will be great wish such a live act. We were lucky this year... instead of just cds piped through the woods, they had a live guitarist there. He's a former punk rocker that does Pagan folk.. go figure. LOL.. was a GREAT treat though.. http://www.scotthelland.com/ he was incredible... at first I was like "who's this?" then looked over where they usually set up the music and it was a guy playing live... dang.. thought it was a CD. LOL

To: Bluehawk (Bluehawk9)  (9 of 9) 
 9099.9 in reply to 9099.1 
Hey Blue - great to see you again.

Congrats on the good stuff, and "ick!" on the icky stuff...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.