Herbs and other growing things -  herbs for depression (33 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 2) 
hello
i am shadowlion69. was just reading through your site and thought of a question. my mom who suffers from depression and
most of us others, for health reasons also suffer for this problem ,like me with a slow thyriod,
well my mom is retire and cant afford most of her meds anymore.is there a herb mixture that we can take to fight off these attacks of depression

Edited 10/2/2004 1:33 am ET by Tarty (RAVENGIL)

Reply   Options 

To: shadowlion69 unread  (2 of 2) 
 9108.2 in reply to 9108.1 
I'll let others approach the herbal side, and possibly the vitamin side (the use of melatonin / seratonin etc.)...

...here's a quick question: is it sunny where your mom is? If so, does she get out in the sun for at least an hour a day?

That, alone, can help some folks. There's a condition called 'SAD' which results in depression, and sunlight (real or simulated) can help. Do a Google search for more info about 'SAD' - I'd provide some links, but don't have any handy.

The folks here may be able to suggest some good herbal ideas.

Note: please let us know if she is on any other meds, tho - sometimes, even herbs can conflict...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.