Paganism -  Blessed Samhain/Oíche Shamhna! (56 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 11) 
Just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful Samhain! :) Anyone doing anything special? I am writing a ritual...in between that a research paper is due on monday, and I just got finished with a mid-term and another research paper earlier...I am tired. Sorry for babbling lol Merry Samhain one and all! May there be love, beauty, healing, and strength for all the Loved Ones and Ancestors that came before us. They are a warm and guiding light within the hearth of the heart.

Much Love & Dreaming Wolf Blessings,

~Domhnaill

Reply   Options 

To: Spirithawk (Domhnaill)  (2 of 11) 
 9133.2 in reply to 9133.1 
celebrating my sis' b'day!

To: Spirithawk (Domhnaill)  (3 of 11) 
 9133.3 in reply to 9133.1 
Blessed Samhain to you as well!!

I'm going to speak this morning at our UU Fellowship... subject is "Halloween - History, Traditions, Spirit"... I'll cover a brief history lesson, go through traditions and symbols of the holiday and cover the spiritual aspects too. Seems a lot of folks are really looking forward to it. They seem intrigued that the holiday is more than just costumes and candy. Course the Pagans in the congregation know better.. LOL.. I just hope it goes well...

Later this afternoon we'll take the kids trick or treating on our way to my mom's for dinner (normal Sunday night dinner) and that' sabout it. We stopped in at a friends last night.. she was having a dusk til dawn Samhain gathering... I think I'm gettin' too old for that stuff.. LOL.

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (4 of 11) 
 9133.4 in reply to 9133.3 
Too old! You're younger than me! ;-p

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (5 of 11) 
 9133.5 in reply to 9133.4 
Heh.. I think my kids have dated me beyond my years. LOL.. Without them I probably would have stayed a LOT later... but something not much fun in running after a 2 year old TRYING to either climb in the fire pit or run for the pool (which was uncovered.. *grumble*)... DANGER BABY!! I think I earned at least 2 more white hairs from that alone! LOL...

Staying up til all hours really loses it's appeal when you realize that there's an alarm clock you have no control over... called a toddler that doesn't care how much or little sleep you get, it's 7am and they're gettin' up! LOL... DS was even worse.. I let him stay up late for a party once... he asked (I think he was like 3 or so) to go to bed about 12:30am... he was STILL up by 6am.... *grumble* Little energy vampire had NO problem sucking me dry to maintain his normal, hyper self too.. LOL. At 8 he's FINALLY understanding the benefits to sleeping in occasionally. LOL

To: aunticee  (6 of 11) 
 9133.6 in reply to 9133.2 
(((aunticee)))

I hope you had a wonderful Samhain and that you sister had a lovely B-Day! :)

~Domhnaill

*edited for spelling*

Edited 11/4/2004 2:18 pm ET by The Green Pilgrim (Domhnaill)

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (7 of 11) 
 9133.7 in reply to 9133.3 
Awesome! Did the Samhain speech presentation go well at the UU Fellowship? Nah! Your never too old for the fun stuff :)

~Domhnaill

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (8 of 11) 
 9133.8 in reply to 9133.3 
Thank you! There must be a blackhole in Delphiville lol! Anyways, I hope you and yours had a wonderful Samhain! Did your speaking at the UU go well? I am sure it did! Nah! You are never too old for the fun things in life :)

~Domhnaill

To: Spirithawk (Domhnaill)  (9 of 11) 
 9133.9 in reply to 9133.6 
thanks. it's always a good holiday for us.

To: Spirithawk (Domhnaill)  (10 of 11) 
 9133.10 in reply to 9133.7 
It went very well, thanks!

I could have rambled on but made myself lay it out in an outline so I could stay on track. LOL.. I covered history, traditions and spirituality... folks seemed to like it. I chose some music for before and after that folks really liked too. "Cailleach's Whisper" by Arkenstone and "Sahmain Modrigal" by Laura Powers. I was just glad to have it be over.. LOL. Public speaking is not my thing.

Turnout was good (double what it had been averaging), the Pagan members felt I covered it well and added their own two cents during open discussion and folks liked participating during the remembrances part... many choosing to light a candle silently for the departed.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.