This world we live in.. -  Kudos to ABC! (39 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/14/05 3:25 PM 
To: All  (1 of 5) 

This is from an email my religious aunt sent me:

Jim's original message (to ABC) was:

ABC is obsessed (or should I say abscessed) with the subject of homosexuality. I will no longer watch any of your attempts to convince the world that homosexuality is OK. THE PRACTICE can be a fairly good show, but last night's program was so typical of your agenda. You picked the 'dufus' of the office to be the one who was against the idea of his mother being gay and made him look like a whiner because he had convictions. This type of mentality calls people like me a "gay basher." Read the first chapter of Romans (that's in the Bible) and see what the apostle Paul had to say about it.... He, God and Jesus were all 'gaybashers'. What if she'd fallen in love with her cocker spaniel? Is that an alternative lifestyle? (By the way, the Bible speaks against that, too.)

--Jim Neugent

Here is ABC's reply from the ABC on-line webmaster:

How about getting your nose out of the Bible (which is ONLY a book of stories compiled by MANY different writers hundreds of years ago) and read the declaration of independence (what our nation is built on), where it says "All Men are Created equal," and try treating them that way for a change! Or better yet, try thinking for yourself and stop using an archaic book of stories as your lame crutch for your existence. You are in minority in this country and your boycott will not affect us or our freedom of statement..

Blessings,

ThunderWolf

ThunderWolf's Card for Today is:

Reply   Options 

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/14/05 6:50 PM 
To: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 5) 
 9210.2 in reply to 9210.1 
Don't know why this message got held for moderation. Sorry for the delay and it shouldn't happen to you again

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/14/05 6:51 PM 
To: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 5) 
 9210.3 in reply to 9210.1 

Whoo hooo!

And Huzzah to the person that replied!

To: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 5) 
 9210.4 in reply to 9210.1 

"Doofus"????

I liked Jimmy. And he has stood up for his mom and gays on several occasions!

From: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/14/05 7:13 PM 
To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 5) 
 9210.5 in reply to 9210.2 
No problem with it being held for moderation. I just wish I had noticed that the first time I tried to post it. LOL The email I was sent, of course, had a religious reight spin to it (I left out the bits that came before and after what was posted ;)), but I think the guy writing the reply should be appluaded for having the balls to stand up to this guy and tell it like it is! :)

Blessings,

ThunderWolf

ThunderWolf's Card for Today is:

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.