This world we live in.. -  Boxer rips Rice a new one (30 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/19/05 12:44 AM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 
I really like Senator Boxer...

Boxer, Rice spar at confirmation hearing

ERICA WERNER
Associated Press

WASHINGTON - Sen. Barbara Boxer and secretary of state nominee Condoleezza Rice clashed at Rice's confirmation hearing Tuesday, with Boxer accusing Rice of lying and Rice hotly denying it.

"This is my personal view, that your loyalty to the mission you were given to sell this war overwhelmed your respect for the truth," the fiery California Democrat told Rice.

"Sen., I have to say that I have never, ever, lost respect for the truth in the service of anything, it is not my nature, it is not my character," Rice retorted....

"You sent (American troops) in there because of weapons of mass destruction; later the mission changed when there were none," Boxer said. "I have your quotes on it, I have the president's quotes on it, and everybody admits it but you."

"It was the total picture, senator, not just weapons of mass destruction, that caused us to decide that post-Sept. 11 it was finally time to deal with Saddam Hussein," Rice disagreed.

"Well you should read what we voted on when we voted to support the war," Boxer interrupted, noting that she was among the minority of senators who voted no. "It was WMD period."

"It's hard to even ask you a question about this because you are on the record basically taking two sides of an issue," Boxer said.

The rest of the article

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.