This world we live in.. -  Some People (112 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 27) 

Okay, I was out today to get myself some more cigars. There was a terrible storm yesterday, and there was a lot of snow still on the road. I slowed down as much as I could to make a turn, put on my turn signal, when some asshole blares his horn behind me. As I turn off, I gave him the finger. What did he do? He pulled off behind me and started yelling at me! If he was in such a hurry to get where he was going, why did he have to take the time to yell at me? He walked over to me and yelled in a threatening manner. Fortunately, the girl who was working on the shop told him to leave, which he did, but not until after walking right up and threatening me. I recognized him, too - my next door neighbor's son, who has a major attitude problem.

I'm still shaken up by it, because I know he'll just keep this in the back of his mind and let it fester until he sees me again. I was tempted to call the cops, but it would probably just piss him off even more. I just don't understand why some people can't leave me alone.

Reply   Options 

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (2 of 27) 
 9225.2 in reply to 9225.1 
First off its not you hun!!!!
I run into people like this all the time.
When its snow or ice out it isnt so much of the snow and ice i worry about its the RETARDS like the one you came in contact with!
So sorry,I know all to well how unnerving, aggravating and maddening these idiots are!
((((((((((RG)))))))))))
(`'·.¸ (`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
«´¨`·..¤*LadySnow*¤..·´¨`»¤¤-:¦:- ´¨
(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸) .·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-To Thine Own Self Be True-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´-:¦:- *

If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world" C S Lewis

From: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/23/05 4:40 PM 
To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (3 of 27) 
 9225.3 in reply to 9225.1 
Personally, I'd be sure to call the cops. After all, he did threaten you. And if you think he's not going to let go of it and you'll have to deal with him later because of this incident it's better that the cops have a record of it. If it does piss him off even more, all the better. (Yeh, I'm evil that way. LOL) If he attacks you, that's your chance to show him who not to mess with. ;) Hopefully it wouldn't come to that, but even if you can't take him, at least you can take a good piece out of him on the way down. Not that I would hope for any of that, but that's the way I'd look at it in case of a worst case senario. Usually guys like that are all bark and no bite anyway, so each time he makes a threat you call the cops. Eventually you might just be able to get a restraining order if he persists. Either that or (most likely) he'll decide you just aren't worth the trouble he could find himself in if he does persist. ;)

Blessings,

ThunderWolf

ThunderWolf's Card for Today is:

• Edited 1/23/2005 4:42 pm ET by ThunderWolf (britespirit)

To: SnowQn*IceMaiden (kimsmiser)  (4 of 27) 
 9225.4 in reply to 9225.2 

Thanks, hon. I just have to remember I'm around for people like you, not him. ;-)

(((((((((((((((((((((Kim))))))))))))))))))))

To: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 27) 
 9225.5 in reply to 9225.3 
Well, I've had time to settle down and think things through, and I'm pretty sure I know what happened. I remembered what angle his truck was parked at, and from the angle, he couldn't have been the guy behind me. Apparently, he was at the other end of the parking lot, waiting to get out, and saw me flip the bird, thinking it was for him.
Anyway, like I said, I know this guy, and he does have a lot of personal problems. Calling the cops would only make things worse. I'm going to try talking to his parents, try to get things worked out that way. Up until today, I never really had a problem with him, though I'm sure other people have.

From: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/23/05 5:50 PM 
To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (6 of 27) 
 9225.6 in reply to 9225.5 
Given the fact that it was all a misunderstanding anyway, that does seem like a much more reasonable plan of action. ;)

Blessings,

ThunderWolf

To: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 27) 
 9225.7 in reply to 9225.6 
Thanks. At first, I really was considering calling the cops. There's nothing I despise more than someone who thinks they can bully whomever they want. But like I said, this guy has his share of problems. His wife left him years ago, and not too long ago one of his daughters became a stripper, which was a shame to all in his family. I personally think he doesn't like himself very much, and deals with it by taking it out on others. A rather pathetic character, if you think about it.

From: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/23/05 6:02 PM 
To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (8 of 27) 
 9225.8 in reply to 9225.7 
Yeh, most bullies are pretty pathetic. To be honest, apart from being able to settle things peacefully the way you suggested, it does occur to me that your method should also shame him into his proper place. ;)

Blessings,

ThunderWolf

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (9 of 27) 
 9225.9 in reply to 9225.7 

Use a very large iron skillet to beat him over the head until he remembers some common sense. If he passes out or goes comatose before then, so much the better.

If I started freaking out everytime somebody flipped me off, I'd be living in a very underpopulated country.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (10 of 27) 
 9225.10 in reply to 9225.1 
(((((((((Ralph)))))))) Please be careful; people like that aren't worth pissing off even more. If he starts being a problem, maybe let police know?

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-27
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.