Living it! -  Thoughts on this book (128 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/27/05 7:17 PM 
To: Bunny138  (2 of 11) 
 9226.2 in reply to 9226.1 

Haven't read that one, so no opinion here.

A book that I highly recommend is Witchcraft, Theory and Practice by Lis deAngeles

Reply   Options 

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 11) 
 9226.3 in reply to 9226.2 
Thanks for the info. Always glad to get new recommends. (Like I don't have enough to read, or a long enough book list!) It's good to talk to you again. I've been around, just not posting much, I guess. And I've been reading a lot. I just finished "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett, which was great, as usual. He's a wonderful author. Now I'm reading "The Virgin's Lover" by Philippa Gregory, which is about the time of Queen Elizabeth I. As an Anglophile, I'm really enjoying it. Time gets away when I read. I hope everything is going well for you.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/30/05 11:49 AM 
To: Bunny138  (4 of 11) 
 9226.4 in reply to 9226.3 

Anglophile eh?

I just read two non-fiction books-- The Last Duel, about the last government sanctioned "to the death" duel in medieval France, and Warriors of God, about the third crusade (Richard the Lionhearted vs. Saladin). Both were fascinating.

I am now reading The Children of Henry VIII. Just started it but it is turning out to be very interesting.

I just ordered another 4 non-fiction books about medieval history for the store. I've got the bug.... LOL

• Edited 1/30/2005 11:51 am ET by Tarty (RAVENGIL)

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 11) 
 9226.5 in reply to 9226.4 

I hear ya on that bug. I wish the managers around here ordered interesting historical stuff. My bro-in-law found a book online about how the upsurgence of piracy was probably the surviving Templars and their ships Post Friday 13th. There is also a section about ancient templar maps that are surprisingly accurate about the north polar region and North America. I highly recommend it for history buffs.

Pirates and the Lost Templar Fleet: The Secret Naval War Between the Knights Templar and the Vatican by David Hatcher Childress

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/15/05 10:57 AM 
To: Rach (Ralac71)  (6 of 11) 
 9226.6 in reply to 9226.5 

Thanks!

I think I might order that one!

Right now I'm reading The Great Mortality-- about the Black Death in 1347-1348. It's fascinating

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 11) 
 9226.7 in reply to 9226.6 

Thanks for the review. I thought that book looked interesting, but wasn't sure if I wanted to buy it. Now I will.

BTW, what's the word on this new Frankenstein series by Dean Koontz. Is he really writing it? Kevin Anderson's (Dune series author) name is also on the first book, and someone else's is on the second. Not that Anderson is a bad writer, but I hate to see someone of Koontz's stature just selling his name to something he didn't write just to sell more books.

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/15/05 12:25 PM 
To: BEOWULF (beowulf51)  (8 of 11) 
 9226.8 in reply to 9226.7 

From what I have heard, Frankenstein was supposed to be a tv movie (or is going to be a tv movie) but there was something about the movie that Koontz didn't like and put out the book.

I'll check it out at work to see if I can find out more.

I recently read Tick Tock by Koontz-- that was pretty good. It's very humorous and suspenseful at the same time

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 11) 
 9226.9 in reply to 9226.6 

In my house we're hooked on the history channel and there have been a few things on the black death. I'll have to check that one out.

:)

To: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 11) 
 9226.10 in reply to 9226.4 
Thanks again for the recommends. "The Children of Henry VIII" is really catching my eye at the moment. I think I'm stuck in that time period for now. Isn't reading wonderful?!!!!!

From: Tarty (RAVENGIL) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/24/05 12:11 PM 
To: Bunny138  (11 of 11) 
 9226.11 in reply to 9226.10 

heh heh

You're welcome

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1 2-11
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.