Its Magick! -  A Question (159 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe
Message 3 of 17 was Deleted  

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (4 of 17) 
 9301.4 in reply to 9301.2 

*lol* Okay, that makes sense. Thanks Ralph. :D

Oh, and edited to add this: My husband explained it after I posted this that praying is talking with The Universe, meditating is listening to The Universe, and a spell is using the energy of The Universe. So that kind of makes sense too....

• Edited 8/7/2005 1:13 pm ET by Melamine /Puff (koshugi)

Reply   Options 

To: Kirsten (koshugi)  (5 of 17) 
 9301.5 in reply to 9301.4 
Yes, your husband most definitely makes sense. I was thinking more along the lines of Christian prayer versus Wiccan spells.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Shotgun of The Short Path.

Get yours.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (6 of 17) 
 9301.6 in reply to 9301.5 
Oh I see, okay, thanks Ralph. :D I guess spells are pretty much proactive prayers then.

From: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon8/29/05 1:42 AM 
To: Kirsten (koshugi)  (7 of 17) 
 9301.7 in reply to 9301.6 
I'm pretty late jumping in here, but I usually describe spells (under certain circumstances LOL) as a concentrated form of prayer. I very much like your husband's explanation. But since some people feel you must have permission before doing a spell for someone and using the words "spell" or "magick" are sometimes bound to get a negative reaction I often suggest to them that they ask for permission to pray for the person as spellwork is a concentrated form of prayer. I've often watched Joyce Meyer on TV and heard her mention "praying for something." The way she explains that is very much like spellwork being done without the props as it's obvious she gets so into it that she really is moving energy. I may be muddying the lines of distinction, but it definitely involves moving energy and getting something, but the way I do it, it also entails communication with the divine. ;)

Blessings,

ThunderWolf

We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound. Our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music-in a flash of color. We live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star.

Just for today.....

Do not rise to anger
Do not succumb to worry,
Express Gratitude for all your blessings
Apply yourself diligently
Manifest Compassion to all beings.

To: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 17) 
 9301.8 in reply to 9301.7 
Thank you Thunder Wolf! The people who feel they need permission first that you mentioned, from whom do they feel they need permission? From the people themselves that they want to do a spell on, or divine permission?

From: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon8/30/05 4:36 PM 
To: Kirsten (koshugi)  (9 of 17) 
 9301.9 in reply to 9301.8 
From the person they're doing the spell on. The thought is that even in the case of a healing spell, it might be something the person has to go through for their greater good/learning processes, etc. To simply do the spell without first getting their permission would be manipulative because you're interfering with their free will. ;)

Blessings,

ThunderWolf

We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound. Our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music-in a flash of color. We live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star.

Just for today.....

Do not rise to anger
Do not succumb to worry,

To: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 17) 
 9301.10 in reply to 9301.9 
True, but I figure if it's not meant to happen to a person it won't, spells, prayers or not.

To: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (11 of 17) 
 9301.11 in reply to 9301.10 
Also, if you let someone know you want to do a spell for them wouldn't that lessen the impact of the spell because you'd be putting your ego into it? I always thought we were supposed to do good things for people with as little applause as possible, maybe not have the person know about it at all?

From: ThunderWolf (britespirit) DelphiPlus Member Icon8/30/05 10:27 PM 
To: Kirsten (koshugi)  (12 of 17) 
 9301.12 in reply to 9301.11 
Well, it seems to me you have a valid point there. It basically boils down to personal ethics and what's right for the practitioner. My own thought is that if someone is going through something they're meant to go through, no amount of spellwork will get them through it without having to experience whatever it is they have to experience. So that argument for having to get permission kinda falls flat IMO. ;)

Blessings,

ThunderWolf

Just for today.....

Do not rise to anger
Do not succumb to worry,

Navigate this discussion: 1-2 3-12 13-17
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.