This world we live in.. -  Charmed (67 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 7) 
I always thought of this show as being fairly open minded, but they showed the Pentacle (sp?) as "upsidedown" as being evil. For what I've seen it just brings it a different meaning, it doesn't make it "evil." Or do I have my facts mixed up?

Reply   Options 

To: Kirsten (koshugi)  (2 of 7) 
 9310.2 in reply to 9310.1 
Depends on who you ask, but generally, inverted stars and crosses are considered Satanic.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Shotgun of The Short Path.

Get yours.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (3 of 7) 
 9310.3 in reply to 9310.2 

Ditto.

I like the show (when I watched it) but was a tad bit annoyed with the amount of Christian mythology being stirred in to water down the pagan influences.

And the whole nymphs and satyrs things was ludicrous.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (4 of 7) 
 9310.4 in reply to 9310.2 
Thanks Ralph! I had a chance to read up on it afterward, apparently that's why the inverted triangle is used instead because of people mixing it up with satanism.

To: MythBlade (Talismonger)  (5 of 7) 
 9310.5 in reply to 9310.3 
The first time I caught on to that was when they showed the inverted Pentacle as being used for evil. That's the only time the show really mildly offended me I guess.

To: Kirsten (koshugi)  (6 of 7) 
 9310.6 in reply to 9310.4 
Well, I like to consider myself well-read, though not as well-read as I'd like. I remembered it from a book I used to have on the occult.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Shotgun of The Short Path.

Get yours.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (7 of 7) 
 9310.7 in reply to 9310.6 
I don't think anyone's as wellread as they'd like to be; there's always more and more good books to be read! I'm always learning new stuff myself. :D

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.