This world we live in.. -  US citizens: Wht r u doing 4 Thanksgivin (30 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Indilwen Mireia Tintilariel (LillaKat)11/24/05 12:14 AM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

All?

It's been awhile since I've visited...

Love and peace,
Lilla

Reply   Options 

To: Indilwen Mireia Tintilariel (LillaKat)  (2 of 3) 
 9319.2 in reply to 9319.1 

Hey, stranger! I know, seems like things have gotten real quiet around here since Tarty went MIA again. I'm sure she still loves us, it's just that she needs to spend some time in the real world for a while.

As for me, I'm on my own today. I have several good movies I can watch, plus stuff that needs to get done on my computer. Definitely need to check out the software package I got in the post yesterday. Ah, well, I don't mind, because I never know what to talk about at family gatherings, anyway.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Shotgun of The Short Path.

Get yours.

From: Indilwen Mireia Tintilariel (LillaKat)11/24/05 6:06 PM 
To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (3 of 3) 
 9319.3 in reply to 9319.2 

I hear ya with regard to not knowing what to talk about at household gatherings.

In certain real ways, my relatives are not my real family. That's not to say I don't care about them, but my connection with them is superficial and not of the soul. We live in entirely different worlds, my relations and I. I care about them, but I'm distant from them due to the very nature of our various lives and paths.

I'm the only alternative spiritualist in the gathering of relations--my distant uncle is an atheist, my distant aunt is a devout Fundamentalist Christian as is her daughter, one of my cousins. Their #### is hardly ever around, seeming to be out of the house when he's not out of the country, and as for my immediate relatives:

My sire (paternal unit) is a Hungarian Unitarian with Calvinist ethics--and he is pretty fundamentalist Calvinist in ethics and in belief of what leads to Hell. He thinks the stories in the Bible are just stories but that ethically it's right on about homosexuality and paganism and spell-casting, etc.

My dam (maternal unit) is an atheist with some agnostic leanings.

My oldest brother is completely non-religious after having decided against Catholicism, and my second eldest brother is mostly Taoist and way too left-brain oriented for me to discuss spirituality or religion with him much.

So although I care about my relatives, I really don't have a "family."

Love and peace,
Lilla

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.