Greetings! -  Where've I been?  (213 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 37) 

Hey guys... I still see a few familiar faces here...

I haven't been on Delphi for quite some time now... been busy with a million other things, mostly local.

I'm deep in doings with the local UU fellowship as well as my county's Pagan community, which has really been booming too. We're doing two meetups a month, regularly with an average of 30+ folks showing up... our group is hosting a ton of events this year and we've adopted a highway!! Believe it or not PennDOT has paid for the words pagan AND witches on two road signs on our stretch of highway... it's so cool!

I'm still around though I don't come to delphi much anymore. I keep up with some groups on Care 2 forums and keep up locally with a variety of yahoo groups (about 20 now) and I've got a 360 page and a myspace page that I try and keep updated with stuff too (blog stuff).

Family's fine.. kids are getting big... my youngest is 3 1/2 years old now and quite the pip. Boy is nearly 10! Hubby and I will be celebrating 6 years together this year... erm... I'm now Controller of a title insurance company and I commute way too far but it was an offer I couldn't refuse and has allowed us to make improvements on the house like installing a wood pellet furnace. Geesh... I don't know if anyone would still remmeber me anyway so sorry for the ramble.. I now return you to your regularly scheduled program. ;)

Reply   Options 

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (2 of 37) 
 9329.2 in reply to 9329.1 
How could I forget one of my heros? <hugs> Glad to hear everything's fine.

Image hosting by Photobucket

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Shotgun of The Short Path.

Get yours.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (3 of 37) 
 9329.3 in reply to 9329.2 

Awww.. shucks, Ralph.. you always know how to make a girl blush... ;)

How you been?

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (4 of 37) 
 9329.4 in reply to 9329.3 
Well, the good news is I finally have my associate's degree in graphic design. The bad news is that there's no one locally who needs someone with such a degree, and I can't afford to move anyplace that does. Still hanging in there, though. Hopefully, when my main computer gets fixed, I can find a way to find work I can do online.

Get yours.

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (5 of 37) 
 9329.5 in reply to 9329.4 

Congrats on the degree!! Sucks about the job situation though... which I understand... trying to find anything near home that actually pays is hard.. which is why I end up commuting, on average, 2 hours both ways (and then some if there's kid pickup involved and/or congestion on the highway)... I work in an area I could never afford to live, ironically... the drive gets to me sometimes though... not to mention the gas prices *ugh*...

Oh, I'm so glad folks are still hanging out around here... I've missed you guys!

From: Gazza (forestkin) DelphiPlus Member Icon4/7/06 12:08 AM 
To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (6 of 37) 
 9329.6 in reply to 9329.1 
cool congrats on your life moving so quickly ahead by the looks of it and good to see you and get the update Saffire :)

To: Saffire (SAFFIREM)  (7 of 37) 
 9329.7 in reply to 9329.5 
Thanks. Things have slowed down here quite a bit since Tarty got mugged by "real life," but yeah, people still visit every now and then. And I do mean it when I say you're one of my heros. I remember you telling me about some of the crap you've had to go through, and you always manage to get through with style and grace. I'd give anything to be like that.

Get yours.

To: Gazza (forestkin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 37) 
 9329.8 in reply to 9329.6 

Thanks! Good to see folks still doing well here too...

It's funny how life seems to be either all or nothign at times... and boy does time fly! LOL

To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (9 of 37) 
 9329.9 in reply to 9329.7 

Awww... well, you're very sweet to think that, Ralph.

Yeah... I've had my share of shtuff to get through... don't know about style or grace.. I've always seen it more as brute determination and stubborness.. LOL... it's been thankfully kind of quiet though (*knock on wood*) in terms of drama other than things going on in the Fellowship I belong to and some crap that hit the fan earlier this year wherein I think I lost what I had considered two of my best friends... sucks, but what can ya do? In hindsight anyway, the one comes thru much more clearly as not being a good influence ANYway and the other, well... she and I just have chosen two lives that don't work well together I guess you can say... it was hard to lose either though and I wondered what kind of friend I really was... but I'm like that, hard on myself, keeps me honest.. LOL..

~*(~*((~*(~Ralph~)*~))*~)*~

From: Shay's Mom (tiggyjenn) DelphiPlus Member Icon4/7/06 10:08 PM 
To: Ralph (RBGlatt)  (10 of 37) 
 9329.10 in reply to 9329.4 

You are a bad boy, Ralph, my dear.  You didn't tell me that you'd gotten your degree!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  And the job situation will work itself out...look what's happened in my life in the last 3 months....!

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-37
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.