Paganism -  'Tis Samhain! (295 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 25) 
 9375.2 in reply to 9375.1 
Did you have a good one?

Reply   Options 

To: Kirsten (koshugi)  (3 of 25) 
 9375.3 in reply to 9375.2 
Wow! wb, Mel!

Samhain was okay this year. Kind of missed the right mood; but, we did get some trick or treaters!

We staged a nice family get together for Thanksgiving-Christmas. Besides having a good time a plus is that getting the Christmas decorations down from the attic got taken care of and the outdoor lights are up.

What things have you been doing? Keeping up with archery and karate?

To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 25) 
 9375.4 in reply to 9375.3 
It's great to see you SiFan! I've switched from Karate to Budo Taijutsu; I'm having a lot of fun with that. We haven't done archery for a while, but I think I'm getting enough physical work from the martial arts and working in Receiving at work. *lol* I'm glad you're doing well. :)
A
AOA
AOAO
H

To: Kirsten (koshugi)  (5 of 25) 
 9375.5 in reply to 9375.4 

"Bo Taijutsu" has a smooth artistic sound. How is it different from Karate?

Maybe with martial arts and working in Receiving, archery is not so important for exercise. Still good to be skilled with such a classic a weapon, though. Besides, it's relaxing to be outside; kind of like golf.

We've been doing useful stuff like getting pets situated. The parakeet (Asher) had his cage moved up a few links on the chain-- for a bit wider view; and the fish (Reese) got moved to a place with more sunshine coming in. Some thanksgiving leftovers went to feed outside cats and possums that come around.

Somehow Christmas feels a long time away right now. What do you think?

To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 25) 
 9375.6 in reply to 9375.5 
Budo Taijutsu is a form of Ninjutsu (Ninjas.) I work in a store, so it seems Christmas is coming with a bang! *lol* Winter Solstice is on a Friday this year. That's handy for most people I would think.

A
AOA
AOAO
H

To: Kirsten (koshugi)  (7 of 25) 
 9375.7 in reply to 9375.6 
Budo Taijutsu is a form of Ninjutsu (Ninjas.)

So, you get to use all sorts of weapons! Bet you look tough in your ninja outfit.

I work in a store, so it seems Christmas is coming with a bang! *lol* Winter Solstice is on a Friday this year. That's handy for most people I would think.

Working in a store would give one a more on-the-scene view. What place do you work?

Yes, having Solstice, the 21st, fall on a Friday is perfect. There's a whole weekend for the end of the world to arrive!

To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 25) 
 9375.8 in reply to 9375.7 
I work at Sears. :D Yeah, I work and have my combatives class (our instructor teaches it too) on that Friday; will have to watch out for the loonies!
A
AOA
AOAO
H

To: Kirsten (koshugi)  (9 of 25) 
 9375.9 in reply to 9375.8 

Gosh, Mel; on that day you're gonna be wired to wipe up on any End of the World smartass who crosses you!

This siggy by Long2BeFree ... Hop to Full Circle!

To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 25) 
 9375.10 in reply to 9375.9 
LOL I like your Froggie!

To: Kirsten (koshugi)  (11 of 25) 
 9375.11 in reply to 9375.10 
ty, Mel! The sig is a gift from Free (long2befree), host of Love Life & Laughter Cafe'.

Do you have a forum?

This siggy by Long2BeFree ... Hop to Full Circle!

Navigate this discussion: 1 2-11 12-21 22-25
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.