Food and Drink -  Eggs recalled due to salmonella (136 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-15 7:17 PM 
To: All  (1 of 23) 

200 million eggs recalled after nearly two dozen were sickened with salmonella, officials say

Federal officials say nearly 207 million eggs have been recalled because of fears that they may have been contaminated with salmonella, a type of bacteria that causes serious illnesses and deaths, particularly among children and elderly people.

Rose Acre Farms is recalling the products after federal officials tied illnesses to the company’s facility in North Carolina, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said. Twenty-two people on the East Coast have been sickened by Salmonella braenderup. No one has died.

An investigation by the federal agency led to an inspection of the farm, which is located in Hyde County, North Carolina, and produces 2.3 million eggs a day from 3 million hens. Eggs produced at the farm are distributed to retail stores and restaurants in Colorado, Florida, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and the Carolinas.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/04/15/200-million-eggs-recalled-colorado/

photo shortytoilettree.gif

From: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-16 1:28 AM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 23) 
 364.2 in reply to 364.1 

colorado is a long way for the eggs to go. The Eastern Seaboard and West Virginia makes more sense.

Reply   Options 

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-16 3:17 PM 
To: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 23) 
 364.3 in reply to 364.2 

I thought that was odd too

From: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-16 3:57 PM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 23) 
 364.4 in reply to 364.3 

sometimes i wonder where all the stuff we eat actually does come from

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-16 4:15 PM 
To: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 23) 
 364.5 in reply to 364.4 

I'm not sure I want to know LOL

From: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-16 4:18 PM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 23) 
 364.6 in reply to 364.5 

in a case like this though it may be helpful to know.

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-16 4:32 PM 
To: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 23) 
 364.7 in reply to 364.6 

True,  good point

From: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-16 4:44 PM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 23) 
 364.8 in reply to 364.7 

i saw another food recall over a large territory in another of your forums...

From: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-16 4:51 PM 
To: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 23) 
 364.9 in reply to 364.8 

There is a lot of recalls going around

From: krathyn (Phantom7031) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-16 4:55 PM 
To: Wee Shorty McNaughty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 23) 
 364.10 in reply to 364.9 

can't be too careful/

OTOH can't be scared to eat, either!

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-23
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.