Food and Drink -  Spice Hunter Herbs and Spices Recalled (66 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-17 9:28 AM 
To: All  (1 of 13) 

Spice Hunter Herbs and Spices Recalled Due to Salmonella Risk

Potentially contaminated products were shipped to stores in 31 states

Sauer Brands has recalled 29 Spice Hunter herb and spice products because there is a chance that they may pose a risk of salmonella, the Food and Drug Administration recently announced

Sauer says notification of possible salmonella contamination from its supplier of organic parsley is what triggered the recall. In addition to organic parsley, the company also recalled other Spice Hunter spices and spice blends—such as Herbs de Provence, Cilantro, Saigon Organic Cinnamon, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and Everything Bagel Crunch—produced at the same facility on the same days as the parsley products.

https://www.consumerreports.org/food-recalls/spice-hunter-herbs-spices-recalled-salmonella-risk/?EXTKEY=NF0ANCB3&utm_source=acxiom&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20201017_nsltr_food

To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 13) 
 494.2 in reply to 494.1 
Here's a wild coincidence! Today I posted Showtalk info about this brand of herbs that I buy from my local nutrition store. I only buy the 100% herbal poultry seasoning that comes without onions.

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-20 2:21 PM 
To: kizmet1  (3 of 13) 
 494.3 in reply to 494.2 

Oh wow, that is wild!

To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 13) 
 494.4 in reply to 494.3 
I couldn't believe it, lol.
I think mine are older. They changed the recipe and put black pepper and onions in it so when my store put the old formula on clearance, I stocked up.

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-20 3:03 PM 
To: kizmet1  (5 of 13) 
 494.5 in reply to 494.4 

Sounds like you missed out on this, t hank goodness!

To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 13) 
 494.6 in reply to 494.5 
Not even close. I like their poultry seasoning and none of the herbs and spices listed are in it. Also, my
jars are a different size.
Now, I can look forward to my next bowl of homemade chicken soup :)

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-20 3:50 PM 
To: kizmet1  (7 of 13) 
 494.7 in reply to 494.6 

Yay!  Enjoy it!

To: All 

To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 13) 
 494.8 in reply to 494.7 
Thank you. I will.
Wish you lived a good thousand miles closer so you could share it with me.

From: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-20 4:09 PM 
To: kizmet1  (9 of 13) 
 494.9 in reply to 494.8 

I wish I did  :)

To: Gimmie Chocolate Shorty (TOILETHEA1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 13) 
 494.10 in reply to 494.3 

I'm checking this out.  I was getting ready to look for herbs.

Reply   Options 

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-13
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.