The Retro Room

Hosted by CDP (PerraultC)

It's not old. It's a classic!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

A Eulogy For Eudora   Telecom/Networking

Started Oct-7 by CDP (PerraultC); 65 views.
CDP (PerraultC)
Host

Oct-7

Back when Delphi first started shifted over to being a web presence, they released a suite of Netscape based software for it's migrating user's. It had Netscape Navigator, an FTP client, and Eudora (among a few other tools I can't remember). I remember using this on my parent's 386 (I was still mostly a Coco user at the time but was starting to toy with the Dos machine  since that's what we had covered in high school).

This was the time that I used Eudora for a stretch. I'd be lying if I said I remembered a ton about it but I know I liked it at the time. I remembered the commercial boxed version also being sold in software stores (remember them?). I would occasionally google it to see what became of it and where it stood. I knew it wasn't really long for this world when there were tons of free clients already flooding the market and then the web clients started to take over. But it seemed like a good well written app that was well cared for at it's height. It's too bad that apps today are such throw-away commodities.

That's the price of advancement though...

BillP49

Oct-8

I loved eudora   thunderbird is a pale replacement

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Oct-16

I would never consider Eudora as an email client, a provider or program manager, OK.

From promo: "Revisiting a once ubiquitous email client."