Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

O' The Language Troll    Social issues

Started 5-Jul by Sand_Grain; 1883 views.
Sand_Grain

5-Jul

ear_of_rice O' the language Troll

Although within my forum members and my neighbourly forums members, about ten languages are spoken; plus English, a couple of "Americans" nerve-wreckers come along on daily basis to criticize in a connoted mode - how badly English is used here. 

So much; that this made me think twice to post anything around here… I have never lived through this kind of bullish manner before, so I took a hiatus from my blogging …

However, now I'm sporadically back to create some order. It's too rainy outside for gardening anyhow.

ear_of_rice

In reply toRe: msg 1
Sand_Grain

5-Jul

As I've said many times before, I have travelled and lived in several European countries in my early youth, and several Arabs countries in my adult life… here are some languages fluently spoken by me!

PS: Currently I use Canadian Grammar because this is where I live now.... 

German, French and English, I also pretty well understand several Latin accents and Arabic accents.

What are your language skills?

ear_of_rice

Gonzeelas

5-Jul

WHO NEEDS FRENCH AND GERMEN?

Get down to planet earth where everyone speaks plain English!!

RGoss99

6-Jul

No, everyone does not speak "plain" English, which is part of the problem. For example here "everyone" speaks "plain" Catalá, plus Spanish (a required second langauge). English is considered so important that it is a required langauge for all unversity degrees (it is not in the U.K. or the U.S.A.) at a competencylevel. plus most diplomas. Sadly the standard is the Cambridge test, which the people on the street in Cambridge don´t even speak. The prefered English here is American, not U.K. 

As opposed to French and Germans, yes, most Europeans we encounter here have some English, plus some other langauge besides their home language. The problem is the Brits and Americans who have your attitude and are monolingual, and even have a problem understanding each other.

Berylline

6-Jul

Everyone speak English in the Northern countries

PERSONALLY  relaxed

I manage to speak most of the Scandinavian languages too!  Glad to see you back!

fabul0us

6-Jul

The most recent language trolling went on APHO on a poem that was supposed to be a homage to a British Poet..  ANDREW MARVERLL!!!

I wonder if she can forgive this fool! I don't know if you've seen it? Here's a link with details

http://forums.delphiforums.com/ranaki_yacking/messages/?msg=7886.1

fire

fabul0us

6-Jul

I grew up in Alsace 

. Alsatian is taught in schools (but not mandatory) as one of the regional languages of France.

German is also taught as a foreign language in local kindergartens and schools. However, the Constitution of France still requires that French be the only official language of the Republic.

fabul0us

6-Jul

My step dad was American so at a very early age I learned English too! He often watched British Tele, and the language was ingrained in me...

Petulance

6-Jul

ONLY ON DELPHIFORUMS!!! laughing

To my knowledge, I've never heard of a language troll before!

Sylveria

7-Jul

What language do YOU speak?

NOT WHAT LANGUAGE YOUR VILLAGE SPEAKS!!!