Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

THE CLEANERS - short documentary preview    Lecture and Books

Started 22-Nov by Blackwy; 670 views.
Blackwy

22-Nov

THE CLEANERS is a journey into the underground industries of Manila, right at the centre of digital censorship - where the Internet must be "cleansed" of controversial contents.

speak_no_evil   see_no_evil   hear_no_evil

Who controls what we see and what we think?

The utopian vision of an interconnected global Internet community ultimately turns into a nightmare when high-ranking former employees of Facebook and the like provide insight into the operating modes and mechanisms of said platforms. Through calculated reinforcement of emotions, those platforms turn into dangerous accelerators, fuelling social, political and societal conflicts and pushing the looming division of our society even further.

DNL #13: HATE NEWS. Documentary Preview with Hans Block and Moritz Riesewieck

Disruption Network Lab 19 Jun 2018

Vid + https://youtu.be/8m2NCbM4yy0

An ongoing platform of events and research on art, hacktivism and disruption in Berlin.

Berlin, May 25 - 26, 2018
HATE NEWS: Manipulators, Trolls and Influencers
13th Event of the Disruption Network Lab, Kunstquartier Bethanien Berlin, Studio 1.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Blackwy

22-Nov

The price of a "clean" internet 

Hans Block and Moritz Riesewieck

Visit to get our entire library of TED Talks, transcripts, translations, personalized Talk recommendations and more.

Millions of images and videos are uploaded to the internet each day, yet we rarely see shocking and disturbing content in our social media feeds. Who's keeping the internet "clean" for us? In this eye-opening talk, documentarians Hans Block and Moritz Riesewieck take us inside the shadowy world of online content moderators -- the people contracted by major platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Google to rid the internet of toxic material. Learn more about the psychological impact of this kind of work -- and how "digital cleaning" influences what all of us see and think.

TED 21 Nov 2019

vid + https://youtu.be/E4FrxvHJlKw

earth_americas

Samurai (BushMesh)

23-Nov

The more I hear about it, the more confusing it gets!

What's the truth??? grinning

Plump (Fat_Bunny)

23-Nov

What does this remind you? scream

Did you read any WWII books and the brown shirts?

Why are they going to Manila, the capital and chief city of the Philippines? You can get jailed for blasphemy against because it an offence which is punishable by a prison term, a fine, or both!

Tittah

23-Nov

Reading through the comments here, alarms me not to watch the video because it might be so shocking to my well-being! cold_sweat

Just kidding and emulating google and Zuck's army of censorship done by the troopers of Manila's box!

grinning

Tittah

23-Nov

dragon TOTALLY MIND BOGGLING

It's because these rapists that made a disgusting video that was shared a million times, and now for the rest of us get punished with unlimited censorship ... we the nice users just use the web for research and communication!

Dot_hoe

23-Nov

We are watched by a lot of frustrated young people....

lucky I'm not on facebook or twiter but a lot of my friends are!!

funiki

24-Nov

The media has already targeted journalists, next they will clean out authors and books!

cold_sweat

Bolomco

24-Nov

#iancorzine #yoursocialmedialawyer

COPPA INSIDER Update!!! What MORE YouTube Is HIDING
Ian Corzine 23 Nov 2019
https://youtu.be/pwnvjuCTb54

UPDATE!!! sweat_smile

NEW COPPA INSIDER information learned from a SOURCE close to YouTube Management!!!

What is the COPPA info? Who is the source? Is he from the FTC (Federal Trade Commission)? Is he a YouTube COPPA insider? That is what today's COPPA YouTube update video is all about. In it, I discuss YouTube, COPPA & the FTC.

Bolomco

24-Nov

CONGRATS!

The won me as a new fan! thumbsup