Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The real Truth about Palestine   History and Archaeology

Started 14-Jan by Dot_hoe; 3552 views.
RGoss99

21-Jan

Sorry to point out a few facgts you seem to have missed in your education. There are no antarcticans because the antarctic is unhabbited. As for Saharans, they do have a nation, unfortunately the European clonialists divided their country, the Magreb, this a Saharan is just another name for a Magrebi, which runs east and west, with north south lines when they created the present states of Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, and Lybia. As for Palestinians, they existed in Palestine since before the Jews arrived. The present name simply evolved from the Phoenicians the same root as the Biblical Philistines. The reason for a lack of national identity was they identified them selves first by religion, then tribes and clans. The same was true for Spain, as the historic Spaniards identified by tribes and regions, but their collective name was "Christian". You are also confused on another issue, the Palestinians were there before Mohamid, and the Arab element in that region came later. The Arabs were, and many still are, a pastoral herding culture, and had no cities. the Palestinians had cities, were both sea faring and small farmers. I love it when a person, such as an Arab, pontificates about a cultural ethinic group of which he is not a member. Is it possible that your author, living in Israel,with no academic degrees in the subject she is pontificating about, is not qualified to be taken seriously on this subject, perhaps her Jewishness might suggest a certain bias considering she is living on land stolen from Palestinians.

BerrySteph

22-Jan

RGoss99 said:

As for Palestinians, they existed in Palestine since before the Jews arrived. 

The Palestinians are the Jews of 2000 years ago - total DNA continuity for that entire time - and probably considerably longer. There had never been an ethnic cleansing in Palestine until BM went there.

RGoss99 said:

The reason for a lack of national identity was they identified them selves first by religion, then tribes and clans. 

I'm sure the Palestinians had something broadly equivalent to a "national identity". They didn't emphasise it because they were the keepers of the Holy Land and the pilgrim trade expected them to have only a religious identity. Their land-owning classes lived in the capital city of Biblical Palestine, Beirut, only partitioned off into "Lebanon" by Europeans to make it easier to steal. But they had a single nation who, for instance, bartered with Constantinople over matters of (rather lightweight) government. Palestine never had a national anthem or a flag - but then, neither did any other part of the Middle East. Wales only got a national flag in 1957.

There is 90% continuity of DNA in some parts of Lebanon (which itself is Biblical Palestine) back to 3,700 years ago, at least according to this - http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/07/ancient-dna-counters-biblical-account-mysterious-canaanites - I think that's proof that there'd been no ethnic cleansing in "Lebanon" (nor anywhere nearby) for that length of time.

RGoss99 said:The same was true for Spain, as the historic Spaniards identified by tribes and regions, but their collective name was "Christian". 

I think you'd find that the Palestinians (the people who, 2000 years ago, we insist were all Jews) had a true "national identity" a lot stronger than the Spanish.

RGoss99 said:

The Arabs were, and many still are, a pastoral herding culture, and had no cities.

I'm not sure about that. There were cities in Mohammed's time.

When you speak of pastoral, herding peoples, you're thinking of Bedouin. But they were strictly localised as well - and almost certainly took many brides from the farmers they lived alongside, not from other travellers they saw as competition for the best grazing. The herder took skins and milk to the farmer and swapped them for grain and tanned leather. Very much a closed circle and a single society. Even different gods until the intolerance of mono-theism seized them.

RGoss99 said:

Is it possible that your author, living in Israel,with no academic degrees in the subject she is pontificating about, is not qualified to be taken seriously on this subject, perhaps her Jewishness might suggest a certain bias considering she is living on land stolen from Palestinians.

I think you got it in one.

Show me a Zionist narrative and it's almost invariably wrong and dishonest and nastily racist.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

24-Jan

Maybe some Arabs in the PLO and Palestinian areas are Jihadists but almost ALL Jihadists are Islamists, Arab or not.  Arabs are an ethnic class, Jihadists are a religious fundamentalist sect within Islam.  Many Arabs are NOT Islamic nor followers of Mohammed.

Samurai (BushMesh)

26-Jan

The Antarctic is not bare....  man'y people from around the world live there forever!!!!

RGoss99

26-Jan

How many? What is the home address on their Passports? Can you document your assertions, if so please do? G=G+1 for ignoring the point of my post.

Samurai (BushMesh)

26-Jan

You seem to be the genuis here look it up, plus -- there's a topic about this right here in this very same forum in the travel and custom folder....

RGoss99

26-Jan

Any time a thread topic includes the word "real" it is probably false.

You say look it up, as you pretend to have done so, why not share with the benefit of your source.

Samurai (BushMesh)

26-Jan

Good point, but can't do that from work!!

Check the forum folder on and around here ....

RGoss99

26-Jan

Your post, you own it, the source becomes your responsibility since you posted to me.

Eliot (Elohimil)

26-Jan

Never-Before-Seen Footage Uncovers Antarctica’s First Scientific Missions

https://forums.delphiforums.com/sandgrain/messages/2228/1