Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The James Bay Project in Quebec   Dare you - Canada

Started 18-Feb by GonghisKhan; 387 views.
GonghisKhan

18-Feb

First thing I did when I visited Canada two decades ago, was have a good look at the James Bay Project in Quebec, it's the largest generation complex, with an installed capacity of 16,527 megawatt of power, approximately 40% of the province's peak load.

Hydro-Québec, the government-owned public utility is the main power generator in the province with 59 hydroelectric facilities located across the province, for a total installed capacity of 34,490 MW.

In reply toRe: msg 1
GonghisKhan

18-Feb

The following page lists electrical generating stations in Quebec, Canada.

TheJamesBayProject  2 Dec 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nJ5NpHWqWs

More than 35 years on from their decision to sacrifice certain rights to their lands in exchange for a historic settlement of $225 million, we will visit the Northern Cree town of Chisasibi to uncover the realities of life in their new community.

Quebec produces close to 96% of its electricity through hydropower.

Discover our generating stations and interpretation centres

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc3J-fbEpyA

7 Jul 2016 ocean

Hydroelectric Generating Stations
(as at January 1st, 2019)

A hydroelectric generating station is a plant that produces electric power by using water to propel the turbines, which, in turn, drive the alternators.

These power stations generate about a quarter of all the electricity used in the world. With access to vast water reserves, Hydro-Québec uses water to generate almost all of its energy output. In this way, the company helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

www.hydroquebec.com/generation/centrale-hydroelectrique.html

ocean CLEAN Energy

Tittah

18-Feb

I remember during the U.S Hurricane Irma Quebec stepped in to help  laughing

Mission accomplished ! Hydro-Quebec in Georgia

Hydro - Quebec 22 Feb 2018

Do you remember Hurricane Irma?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAsYy1be9Pc
Our teams hit the road last summer to help Georgia Power restore service to 500,000 customers who were without electricity.

thumbsup

Eliot (Elohimil)

18-Feb

snowflake  This must probably be frozen up during the harsh winter!

Brian Mulroney donated electric power to New York State on several occasions when they were in trouble.

zap

People under estimate Quebec citizens, I think it's by jealousy of an old grouch effect and totally useless  to improve peaceful living in Canada!!

NewsFrea1

21-Feb

Without the Tundra's icebergs, North Eastern Americans would have no water and would be sitting into darknes!

GonghisKhan

27-Feb

For water abundance?

Lake Michigan comes to my mind and Oregon's numerous waterfalls as well!

funiki

28-Feb

That is some great work and mega engineering ....

laughingthumbsup

NewsFrea1

6-Mar

North Africa is filled with rich resourced that can be used for human improvement!