Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hawai‘i, it's called 'Ohana family.   Arts and Entertainment

Started 13-Jun by funiki; 238 views.
funiki

13-Jun

This collaboration was a potent experience for every person involved. Each contributed the gift of their voice for the choir, and the amount is far greater than the parts. We hope this will bring some blessing to everyone... .

The Hawaii Blessing palm_tree

Hawaiian Islands Ministries 14 May 2020
[] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxQ0RnKjrzY

The Hawai‘i Blessing was recorded during the first week of May 2020 by worship leaders from 25 churches across all 6 major islands of Hawai‘i.

During this time of sheltering-in-place, isolation and uncertainty about the future, we could all use a blessing and a sense of togetherness.

In Hawai‘i, we call that ‘ohana - family.

palm_tree

In reply toRe: msg 1
funiki

13-Jun

Ohana is a Hawaiian term meaning "family" (in an extended sense of the term, including blood-related, adoptive or intentional). The term is cognate with Maori Kohanga, meaning "nest". The root word `oha refers to the root or corm of the kalo, or taro plant (the staple "staff of life" in Hawaii), which Kanaka Maoli consider to be their cosmological ancestor.

Although most of the members in this forum are non-believers as yours truly and kafeer… I'm sure you'd like that since you appreciate choral music!!

Kafeer, and its plural kuffaar, is used directly 134 times in Quran, its verbal noun "kufr" is used 37 times, and the verbal cognates of kafir are used about 250 times.

laughing

• Edited 13 June 2020 23:15  by  funiki
Tittah

15-Jun

Amazing collaboration with lovely voices!! heart_eyes

Sand_Grain

16-Jun

Beautiful song  - thanks for sharing this! 

Lovely words without intended abyss...

Certainly a stunning song! relaxed thumbsup

TAB00GA

19-Jun

It's always great to see musicians making a difference with some peaceful songs!

Berylline

25-Jun

Lovely song! blush

I have no issues with peaceful songs as these!

Ella (Steellar)

25-Jun

Anything peaceful and constructive,

I surely stand forever lasting productive!

relieved

In reply toRe: msg 2
funiki

1-Jul

So glad everyone likes the song!!! wink relaxed