Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New Generation Grow Dumber   Dare You - Politics

Started 30-Jun by Tittah; 1181 views.
CaroWee

8-Jul

In May 1956, Richard D. Heffner, American historian, broadcaster, and University Professor of Communications and Public Policy at Rutgers,

I don't think a Lefty will stop from harassing people for 30 minutes and watch some substance as this!

None of them have debating skills!

Will do!

Fascinating colloquial and important folks from all fields speaking freely and sharing their thoughts

Link posted

https://forums.delphiforums.com/ranaki_yacking/messages/?msg=8140.1

Okay, we know that we have a couple of generations on our hands dumber than a stone. How did it happen. Look no farther than their parents that allowed them to have cell phones and every other gadget that came along. Then remember the "leave no child behind", that brought the level down very low in our education system. How many of you on this site, checked your kids home work or thought to see if she or he did the work? No, most of us were too damn busy doing "our thing" to care about what we had brought into the world. I do blame the school systems and tenure. Can't fire a worthless teacher once they have that magic word tenure by their name. English teachers in the Chicago school system could not pass the same test they were giving their students and most are still working today in the system.

Samurai (BushMesh)

20-Jul

None of them have debating skills!

Not made for political discourse!

Pegasus (VE5CAP)

24-Jul

Exactly. The generation(s) that created the gadgetry are just as fascinated by it as the kids are and we're setting them a bad example. But there's more to it than that. The mess the minimum wage is in has people working 2 jobs just to make ends meet instead of being able to afford small luxuries like was done prior to the 1970s. We have more poor people now than we ever did and they don't have the money for decent childcare, so the kids are left to police themselves. Some can manage, some can't. When the kids fail school, the parents feel guilty about not supervising the kids better and take it out on the teachers/school boards. Our education gets dumbed down to accommodate those guilty parents (and the affluent parents can be just as bad as the poorer parents) which means even our teachers, the new generation of them, aren't fully prepared for their classes. As you say, some teachers can't even pass the tests they give to the kids.

"Okay, we know that we have a couple of generations on our hands dumber than a stone. How did it happen. Look no farther than their parents that allowed them to have cell phones and every other gadget that came along. "

worried I have seen kids as young as 7 years old going to school with a cell phone... absolutely shocking!

Our education gets dumbed down to accommodate those guilty parents (and the affluent parents can be just as bad as the poorer parents) which means even our teachers, the new generation of them, aren't fully prepared for their classes. As you say, some teachers can't even pass the tests they give to the kids.

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!

anguished

Harold27Z

27-Jul

Tell me about it.  No, just kidding.  It sickenizes me that schools waste time teaching irrelevant Shakespeare tripe instead of entrepreneurship.

Hey, wait just a minute, you never know when you may have to stand up and recite 'Friends, Romans and country men, I come not to bury Cesar....." so fort and so on. It was one of the stupid things we had to remember and recite in high school. There is still questions to this day weather Old Bill really wrote all that crap.