Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Armenia and Azerbaijan Return to War   Middle East conundrum

Started 22-Oct by Dot_hoe; 559 views.
Dot_hoe

22-Oct

Armenia and Azerbaijan said they had agreed on Saturday to a new humanitarian ceasefire from midnight (2000 GMT) in fighting over Azerbaijan’s ethnic Armenian-controlled enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh. Both sides had accused each other earlier of fresh attacks in violation of a week-old Russian-brokered truce that had failed to halt the worst fighting in the South Caucasus since the 1990s.

Life Under the Bombs as Armenia and Azerbaijan Return to War

VICE News 9 Oct 2020
https://youtu.be/Vw8WkEsHxmI
boom

Fighting between Armenia and Azerbaijan over the contested region of Nagorno-Karabakh has intensified sharply, as both sides accused the other of targeting civilian areas with missiles.

MORE October 17, 202012:16 AM
Armenia and Azerbaijan agree new Nagorno-Karabakh ceasefire

By Nailia Bagirova, Nvard Hovhannisyan

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-armenia-azerbaijan-idUSKBN272069

fire

Lana (Redneckbab1)

22-Oct

The most recent warfare has taken on a new component with outspoken support for Baku from its ethnic cousin Turkey, which has boosted arms exports to Azerbaijan sixfold this year. Russia securing both sides but has a defence deal with Armenia.

Armenia denied an Azeri claim that it had been illegally arming Nagorno-Karabakh, and accused Azerbaijan of acting to expand Turkey’s influence in the region and of using Turkish soldiers - charges both Ankara and Baku deny.

Of course the Trump administration is cautiously into international efforts to halt fighting between Armenia and Azerbaijan, which are engaged in their worst conflict in more than 25 years.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Dot_hoe

23-Oct

I'm just so cared that the wars will escalate.

In reply toRe: msg 1
NewsFrea1

24-Oct

Who supplies the weaponry on both sides of the battle fields?

CreeKree

26-Oct

I'm really sorry to hear about the warfare! 

Dot_hoe

27-Oct

I'm not too sure who supplies the weapons, but usually it's the USA or RUSSIA!

• Edited 27 October 2020 1:24  by  Dot_hoe
Boba (Boitchy)

29-Oct

Oh my!! This is shocking!!

Not another endless war!??
confounded

Myra (MKratz)

29-Oct

The Caliphates are at it again?

The period 786-861, especially the caliphates of Harun (786-809) and al-Ma?mun (813-833), is accounted the height of ?Abbasid rule. The eastward orientation of the dynasty was demonstrated by al-Man?ur's removal of the capital to Baghdad in 762-763 and by the later caliphs' policy of marrying non-Arabs and recruiting Turks, Slavs, and other non-Arabs as palace guards.