Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

TEXAS: Ted Cruz back from Mexico    Dare You - US Politics

Started 19-Feb by Ø¿æÜ (Wunderlost); 130 views.

Initially when Cruz acknowledged he had travelled to Mexico -- leaving his home state as thousands of constituents struggled without power or safe drinking water -- he blamed his daughters, aged 10 and 12, for his decision, saying they asked to go on the trip with friends, given that school was cancelled for the week.

Ted Cruz arrives back in frigid Texas, admits plans were to stay in Mexico through the weekend

Democrats and Republicans in Texas and beyond demand senator's resignation. U.S. Senator Ted Cruz flew into a storm of criticism on Thursday after leaving his home state of Texas in the grip of a deadly deep freeze, for a family holiday jaunt to the Mexican resort of Cancun he said he took to please his young daughters.

"It was obviously a mistake. In hindsight, I wouldn't have done it," the 50-year-old Republican told reporters as he returned to Houston.

Cruz said he had planned to stay through the weekend, but had second thoughts "almost the moment I sat down on the plane."

Thomson Reuters · Posted: Feb 18, 2021 3:58 PM ET
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/texas-storm-cruz-mexico-vacation-1.5919054

grinning

BarthaS

19-Feb

Most Politicians are all for themselves...

So where is any surprising report?

Bab6s

20-Feb

Did Ted Crux think no will ever find out?

He must be a very special kind of IDIOT!

anguished

Sylveria

22-Feb

Every politician is a major leading hypocrite... so what else is in the news?

crocodile

Frankly I don't know how theserious politicians think, alays wanting to send out a message and doing something right in the opposite! 

Petulance

24-Feb

Ted Cruz thought no one will ever notice!