Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Nazis and the Church - (POEM)   Humanist listings

Started 17/5/21 by AuntBetsie; 5120 views.
polinious

26-Dec

"The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury."

-- Marcus Aurelius

Roman emperor from 161 to 180 and a Stoic philosopher. He was the last of the rulers known as the Five Good Emperors, and the last emperor of the Pax Romana, an age of relative peace and stability for the Roman Empire.

AuntBetsie

27-Dec

Marcus Aurelius

I always liked his thoughts, here's another quotation:

"You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength."

by Marcus Aurelius

polinious

29-Dec

Marcus Aurelius was right on! 

NYCKGB

7-Jan

Extremely dramatic and obviously very comparable to what everyone is living these days! 

In reply toRe: msg 7
HerbSouth

7-Jan

MochaSofa

8-Jan

My favourite song!

It's played at the Cafe all the time!

The Damn Truth - HEART IS COLD (Official Music Video)

17 Jun 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN9rZ6IcJE8

wink

BarthaS

10-Jan

Oh boy! I have seen images and filmed shot from the War whereas the POPE and Hitler were into deep discussion!

BarthaS

10-Jan

Vatican to reveal scale of Nazi-era co-operation

The Vatican will open its secret archives on Pius XII, the war-time pope accused by some of keeping quiet about the Holocaust. Saying the Catholic Church “has no fear of history”, the Pope told staff at the Vatican Secret Archives that documents about Pius XII, who was pope from 1939 to 1958, would be available to researchers from March 2 next year.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/vatican-to-reveal-scale-of-nazi-eraco-operation-fl76mk6fl