Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

South Africa: Parliament building burn   Conservative's view

Started 2-Jan by Golfeser (irckman); 669 views.
Golfeser (irckman)

2-Jan

South Africa: Parliament building 'severely damaged' in fire

Firefighters were seen battling a blaze which severely damaged South Africa's parliament in Cape Town, on Sunday.

Ruptly Jan 2, 2022

https://youtu.be/iBsbACgd0kk

The fire, which reportedly started in third floor offices at around 06:00 local time (04:00 GMT), quickly spread to the chambers of parliament, causing part of the ceiling in the National Assembly chamber to collapse.

"The entire parliamentary complex is severely damaged – waterlogged and smoke damaged. So there's going to be damage extensively," said Cape Town city councillor Jean-Pierre Smith, a member of the mayoral committee responsible for safety and security.

The building's fire alarm and sprinkler system reportedly malfunctioned, with the fire alarm only being triggered after fire fighters were already on site.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

Golfeser (irckman)

2-Jan

The Parliament is not currently in session because of the holidays.

A large fire has severely damaged the Houses of Parliament in the South African city of Cape Town. Video footage showed a plume of black smoke filling the sky, with huge flames coming out from the roof of the building. President Cyril Ramaphosa visited the scene and called it a "terrible and devastating event".

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/458974/terrible-and-devastating-event-fire-rips-through-south-africa-s-parliament-building

fire boom  fire  boom 

Golfeser (irckman)

2-Jan

And who by fire, who by water
Who in the sunshine, who in the night time
Who by high ordeal, who by common trial
Who in your merry-merry month of may
Who by very slow decay
And who shall I say is calling?

Leonard Cohen

- Who By Fire  fire

(Live in London)

https://youtu.be/251Blni2AE4

v

ANCH0RMAN

3-Jan

GREAT SONG! 

And who in her lonely slip, who by barbiturate
Who in these realms of love, who by something blunt
Who by avalanche, who by powder
Who for his greed, who for his hunger
And who shall I say is calling?

ANCH0RMAN

3-Jan

When the government doesn't serve us; burning down all government edifices to end this insanity, so be it!

Harold27Z

3-Jan

Before the fire-fighters arrived, huge quantities of booze in the parliamentary pub could have helped put out the blaze. The booze is free to politicians, even when lock-down rules prevented the sale of alcohol in shops for weeks at a time.

One wonders if corruption investigation documents also went up in flames ?

But anyway, democracy is NOT part of native tradition.

The guards were probably fast asleep at the time.

ANCH0RMAN

7-Jan

So it seems to be boozer's a plot!!??

I hope someone saved some of the boozing crates for the homeless... but I;m sure is wasn't, these thugs on the top only think to shine for themselves! 

• Edited 07 January 2022 8:41  by  ANCH0RMAN
Harold27Z

7-Jan

Homeless tramps scrounge through trash and take it away for recycling. Then they get drunk and abandon all the rubbish collected.

The parliament story was supposedly done by a homeless beggar.  Sheer coincidence he spent over 10 years years getting military training in Soviet camps. I reckon he was pretending to be a beggar.  I would not be surprised if it was some kind of false flag operation but I have not figured out the full story. 

We have heavy-duty rioting and looting in mid 2021 July.  It MUST have been pre-planned.  It was NOT so spontaneous.  The targets chosen had strategic value.