Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Authors and Literature   Lecture and Books

Started 12-May by ADDLER (DitmarP); 283 views.
ADDLER (DitmarP)

12-May

Manufacturing Intellect

The primary focus of Manufacturing Intellect is to rescue and preserve the greatest intellectual voices and bring them to you. I do this by assiduously searching for rare and unavailable video and audio; restoring video quality through denoising and deartifacting, upscaling, color correction, and careful sharpening; and meticulously repairing and conforming audio to the greatest listening quality.

My quest to preserve rare content takes me to various public, private and university libraries, thrift stores, used video, music and book stores, and into databases and archives all over the net.

Authors and Literature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dficd8Z8I8&list=PLIZqvqbtz9I30kDK7RrKXxtLK9WxA33-T

In reply toRe: msg 1
ADDLER (DitmarP)

12-May

Christopher Eric Hitchens (13 April 1949 - 15 December 2011) was a British-American author and journalist who wrote or edited over 30 books (including five essay collections) on culture, politics, and literature.

Hitchens was very critical of aspects of American foreign policy, such as American involvement in war crimes in Vietnam, Chile and East Timor. However, he also supported the United States in the Kosovo War, the Afghanistan War, the Iraq War and other military interventions.

SasBun

12-May

Honestly, I would be more in agreement with Sam Harris! thumbsup

SAM HARRIS "DESTROYS" BEN SHAPIRO ON RELIGION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7sRQvs9pGg
Religions are DEAD Published 8 July 2018.
Credit: Daily Wire. Ben Shapiro and Sam Harris disagrees on religion and morality in an exclusive interview section.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Seaguil

12-May

"Religion is capable of driving people to such dangerous folly that faith seems to me to qualify as a kind of mental illness."

--Richard Dawkins   

Seaguil

12-May

I'm more of a Richard Dawkins fan,  but Christopher Hitchens was cool as well!

Sylveria

13-May

Christopher Hitchens is extremely popular, there are hundreds of his LECTURES online!

Anyway thanks I appreciate the playlist! grinning

GOOD ONE:

When you hear people demanding that the Ten Commandments be displayed in courtrooms and schoolrooms, always be sure to ask which set. It works every time.""

-- Christopher Hitchens

In reply toRe: msg 3
ADDLER (DitmarP)

26-May

It's a major source of incomprehension and tension for vast disputes that sometimes end into violence! 

disappointed_relieved

ADDLER (DitmarP)

26-May

Harsh religious preachers are keys of disbelief and anxiety for huge quarrels; for moments to end with aggression!