Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tofu Won't Save the Planet   Health and Science

Started 3-Dec by Apollonius (Theocritos); 698 views.
Yep, growing soybeans is worse for the environment than just about anything raised for meat eaters.
An astonishing indictment, not just of giant corporations like Monsanto, but of our media, which once again lets us down by publishing a never-ending stream of lies about how wonderful vegetarianism and veganism is for your health and the environment.   No, they're not.
In reply toRe: msg 1
Not a (Pinck0)

3-Dec

We well know nowadays, approximately 94% of the world’s soy is genetically engineered, mostly to be defiant to Monsanto’s Roundup. 

Not a (Pinck0)

3-Dec

Regrettably, as Roundup’s effectiveness diminishes, the more it gets sprayed; soybean farmers are currently doubling glyphosate applications per season. Soybeans produced on commercial farms in the U.S.A, Brazil and Argentina accumulate an estimated 2,500-10,000 metric tonnes of glyphosate per year. The unpleasant effects of glyphosate and dicamba on the environment starts with the annihilation of soil microflora, bee colonies, and aquatic organisms.

ocean

Guard101

4-Dec

A huge number of my friends are vegetarians, including Sand.Grain and I'm sure they like do grow their own clean veggies and create their own Tofu at home... this would be interesting to read....

Always eat what smells clean without pesticides  - thanks!  leaves

• Edited 04 December 2022 0:57  by  Guard101
Dot_hoe

6-Dec

Who the hell eats that SHYTE?? astonished

Not something I might sit down to munch on!!! 

NewsFrea1

7-Dec

WHY NOT EAT THE BEANS AS THEY ARE?

It could be easier to find out if they were sprayed?

Not a (Pinck0)

8-Dec

I'd rather go for Chili beans with rice!  smile_cat

In reply toRe: msg 1
Bab6s

8-Dec

Just picture if all our food cravings had regular ethics as it used to be during my grannies' era and some more honest peaceful times along the way?.

wave

In reply toRe: msg 8
AuntBetsie

9-Dec

There's almost no respect or ethics around anymore.

sweat

BarthaS

9-Dec

Personally... stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

I'd rather remain hungry than eat any of these fake plastic cubes...