Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Vietnam War Documentary    History and Archaeology

Started 13/11/19 by Sand_Grain; 3081 views.
Pinck0

15/11/19

All they got was this stupid stamp, weapons, T-28 Trohan nukes and erythromycin deals into the stockbroker's market!!!

• Edited 15 November 2019 5:34  by  Pinck0
Pinck0

15/11/19

Don't blame every American, they were victims as well, blame the top leaders and the stockbroker dealings!!!

WAR IS WEALTH INCOME 

BerrySteph

15/11/19

Pinck0 said:

Don't blame every American

I don't do that, honest.

But I notice this:

2006 ... The Lancet study estimating 100,000 probable deaths [in Iraq] by October 2004 elicited enough comment in England that the government had to issue an embarrassing denial ... it would be at least as accurate to describe it as the report that "as few as 100,000" died.

Though the report was released at the height of the U.S. presidential campaign, it appears that neither of the leading candidates was ever publicly questioned about it.

The reaction follows the general pattern when massive atrocities are perpetrated by the wrong agent. A striking example is the Indochina wars.

In the only poll (to my knowledge) in which people were asked to estimate the number of Vietnamese deaths, the mean estimate was 100,000, about 5% of the official figure; 

... The authors of the study comment that it is as if college students in Germany estimated Holocaust deaths at 300,000, in which case we might conclude that there are some problems in Germany - and if Germany ruled the world, some rather more serious problems.

... the actual toll is unknown, and of no more interest than the also unknown toll of casualties of U.S. chemical warfare. http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/73753/

Note the maths there - 100,000 dead in Vietnam is 5% of 2 million. But the real toll on the region of US meddling and arms is probably in the region of 8 to 10 million. So these estimates by US college students could be just 1% of the real figure.

That's equivalent to a German student claiming that the Holocaust killed just 60,000 Jews.

Pinck0

15/11/19

Ooòooopsie doopsie, and I thought it was a topic about Vietnam.... you know the split country in the southern end of China?!???.

Not IRAK -- could be great if you start your own topic about IRAK and these other problems!!!

BerrySteph

15/11/19

Pinck0 said:

Ooòooopsie doopsie, and I thought it was a topic about Vietnam

My comment was about Vietnam.

Pinck0

15/11/19

I am not sure about these figures but it looks possibly close....

Pinck0

15/11/19

I figured that out later, but you posted IRAQ ---  it's there in your first line....

• Edited 15 November 2019 15:31  by  Pinck0
BerrySteph

15/11/19

Which figures? The figure for Vietnam/the whole of South East Asia comes from a Cambodian who obviously knows a lot about what's been going on.

LINK

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4vxxHyl46co

Allow me to introduce an actual NAZI.

Hannah Reitsch is one of my heros. She was a test pilot for Luftwaffe, holder of more than 20 aviation records. Please watch the whole thing and consider what job your grandmother would be allowed to do in 1930s in USA the land of the free.

Prejudiced Nazis? Hannah dated Kwame Nkruma when she worked on the Ghana AF training, which USA news was very happy with believing it was "miscegenation" a point against the famous Nazi. This is a real person not a Hollywood creation, member of the inner circle, personal friend of the Fuhrer, a German idol.

Another hero of mine is Josephine Baker. Madame Baker gathered intelligence for the French resistance by dating high ranking Nazis.

*** Please notice *** Being a Black lady was never an issue in dating the Nazis. Do you recall any US or UK generals dating Black ladies in the ww2 era?

This was definitely an issue with high rank French also. When Madame Baker got her military decorations (belatedly) from the French government, de Gaulle did not show up at the ceremony (as appropriate because national level decorations were involved). M. Baker's medals were presented by the Resistance leader. No news photos of Tall Charles kissing any Africans.

B0BBI3

16/11/19

BerrySteph said:

2006 ... The Lancet study estimating 100,000 probable deaths [in Iraq] by October 2004 elicited enough comment in England that the government had to issue an embarrassing denial ... it would be at least as accurate to describe it as the report that "as few as 100,000" died.

disappointed_relieved TERRIBLE FOR IRAQ

BerrySteph

16/11/19

B0BBI3 said:

TERRIBLE FOR IRAQ

Terrible for the world - and an entree into Holocaust II or possibly WW3.