Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Vietnam War Documentary    History and Archaeology

Started 13-Nov by Sand_Grain; 2787 views.
Sand_Grain

13-Nov

Emotional events and experience bring up a lot of creativity, when we feel helpless to mankind's destruction, some build other destroy and disrupt ... please feel free to share! 

Einstein had it right:  zap

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.''

---  Albert Einstein 

ear_of_rice

Tittah

13-Nov

A while ago, I have seen a documentary whereas the soldiers told the story that most of the time they were fighting under the influence of hardcore drugs - constantly they were totally numb about the atrocities they did!! .. 

BerrySteph

13-Nov

I have no opinion.

I was just made aware of people boasting that they were the meanest muttha-fukkas in the world.

Should I refuse to believe what they told me?

Sylveria

14-Nov

Movies and books written by American authors often show the American rightious side, we actually will never know what happened as the communist where going to spread all over the world as American president announced!

Pinck0

15-Nov

All they got was this stupid stamp, weapons, T-28 Trohan nukes and erythromycin deals into the stockbroker's market!!!

• Edited 15 November 2019 5:34  by  Pinck0
Pinck0

15-Nov

Don't blame every American, they were victims as well, blame the top leaders and the stockbroker dealings!!!

WAR IS WEALTH INCOME 

BerrySteph

15-Nov

Pinck0 said:

Don't blame every American

I don't do that, honest.

But I notice this:

2006 ... The Lancet study estimating 100,000 probable deaths [in Iraq] by October 2004 elicited enough comment in England that the government had to issue an embarrassing denial ... it would be at least as accurate to describe it as the report that "as few as 100,000" died.

Though the report was released at the height of the U.S. presidential campaign, it appears that neither of the leading candidates was ever publicly questioned about it.

The reaction follows the general pattern when massive atrocities are perpetrated by the wrong agent. A striking example is the Indochina wars.

In the only poll (to my knowledge) in which people were asked to estimate the number of Vietnamese deaths, the mean estimate was 100,000, about 5% of the official figure; 

... The authors of the study comment that it is as if college students in Germany estimated Holocaust deaths at 300,000, in which case we might conclude that there are some problems in Germany - and if Germany ruled the world, some rather more serious problems.

... the actual toll is unknown, and of no more interest than the also unknown toll of casualties of U.S. chemical warfare. http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/73753/

Note the maths there - 100,000 dead in Vietnam is 5% of 2 million. But the real toll on the region of US meddling and arms is probably in the region of 8 to 10 million. So these estimates by US college students could be just 1% of the real figure.

That's equivalent to a German student claiming that the Holocaust killed just 60,000 Jews.

Pinck0

15-Nov

Ooòooopsie doopsie, and I thought it was a topic about Vietnam.... you know the split country in the southern end of China?!???.

Not IRAK -- could be great if you start your own topic about IRAK and these other problems!!!

BerrySteph

15-Nov

Pinck0 said:

Ooòooopsie doopsie, and I thought it was a topic about Vietnam

My comment was about Vietnam.

Pinck0

15-Nov

I am not sure about these figures but it looks possibly close....