Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The 'Philosophy' of Franz Kafka   Lecture and Books

Started 14/2/20 by Gonghis (GonghisKhan); 2802 views.
Weasel (poptardo)

18/2/20

The truth is self-contained if we look at it of all sides....

Gonghis (GonghisKhan)

18/2/20

thumbsup That's how it used to be in the past

Not sure if any students would read or create a fuss...

RGoss99

19/2/20

Not exactly correct Kafka is Kafka, Kafkaesq refers to the work of others that resembles that of Kafka. the affix "-esque" simply means "like" or "similar to", not necessarily "the same" or "equal to". Parallel example "Romanesque"  architecture, is based on "Roman" architecture. if some thing is "picturesque"  it is not a "picture" but something natural that looks lke a man made picture. Burlesque (from french for joke) is a a funny versión of something serious, e.g. not a joke.

Bernard (Hipocampous)

19/2/20

If only KAFKA knew how much he is important these days... he wouldn't have been as isolated and miserable throughout his life.

He lived in Prague under the Austro-Hungarian empire, thus he did not speak German, he spoke Austrian - it's a totally different accent!

10 Austrian Words that Germans don't understand

https://forums.delphiforums.com/sandgrain/messages/2265/1

stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Petulance

20/2/20

I'm in absolute agreement about Kafka somber past and present times...

Snokulokapus

20/2/20

AH Yes, Frank KAFKA

one of my favourite author during college days!

ant 

Franz Kafka’s Metamorphosis

https://vimeo.com/245883834

sunglasses

rossiking

20/2/20

I absolutely agree with these words. If each of us carried the truth, the world would be completely different. But sooner or later, each of us will face an ethical dilemma when the truth or gain / career / money or anything else on this long list is on the scales. Unfortunately, the truth is valued less and less and people are increasingly choosing what is on the other hand the scales. Believe me, I studied a lot of this issue, although it is not entirely clear. But with the help of examples and help from https://studydriver.com/ethical-dilemma-essay/, I successfully managed and wrote my paper.

• Edited 25 February 2020 19:07  by  rossiking
Eliot (Elohimil)

21/2/20

That is one side of the immense variety and facet of life!  sweat_smile

gaargster

2/3/20

Unfortunately, not everyone understands this. Philosophy is generally a confusing thing, which can be discussed a lot, and the most interesting thing is that everyone will be right in his own way. But sometimes different visions of one situation unpleasantly affect. For example, my philosophy teacher and I have completely different views, and so I had to look for the best essay writing service review in order to write a work that he liked. Since when I first set out the essay written by me, he did not even count it.

NewsFrea1

6/3/20

You do really feel the need to teach French words to French /German /Dutch peaking people here?

Did your naive mindset even try to watch the video narration at all? laughing