Sand_Grain

The world in a Sand Grain

Hosted by Sand_Grain

Current debate about contemporary life, ancient historical issues, and just about everything in between in different languages

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Uganda: Idi Amin Dada Oumee    History and Archaeology

Started 7-Aug by Samurai (BushMesh); 910 views.

Maybe... I haven't been studying in Canada.

I'm sure Eisenhower did his part...

More recently BUSH and cronies in Iraq

The Iraq-Iran War lasted from 1980 to 1988 and during that time there were about 105,000 Iraqi deaths according to the Washington Post. (1,2)

According to Howard Teicher, a former National Security Council official, the U.S. provided the Iraqis with billions of dollars in credits and helped Iraq in other ways such as making sure that Iraq had military equipment including biological agents This surge of help for Iraq came as Iran seemed to be winning the war and was close to Basra. 

The U.S. was not adverse to both countries weakening themselves as a result of the war, but it did not appear to want either side to win.

angry

Harold27Z

12-Aug

Ex-Haliburton CEO Dick Cheney revealed Iraq possessed chemical weapons.  He forgot to mention they were supplied by Halliburton's Canadian subsidiary.

Halliburton's Canadian subsidiary.

Not originally Canadian

Halliburton Company is an American multinational corporation.

One of the world's largest oil field service companies, it has operations in more than 70 countries. It owns hundreds of subsidiaries, affiliates, branches, brands, and divisions worldwide and employs approximately 55,000 people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halliburton

Harold27Z

13-Aug

I know Halliburton was a US company but I meant it shipped to Iraq via its Canadian division so fewer export rules would be broken.

Miyuko

16-Aug

Absolutely disgusting and evil!

I tried to find some article about it, but none is seen... I do know the Jean Chretien was the PM at the time and he did not want to have anything to do with any of the Bush's wars!

Actually Canadians were trashed all over the media and on Delphiforums for refusing to join of help out!

japanese_goblin

Harold27Z

17-Aug

Next time an excuse is needed to invade country X, Y, or Z, some weapons of mass destruction (or parts thereof eg nuts and bolts) will smuggled in then paraded before EMBEDDED MEDIA.  The ostensible justification for invasion was built upon sand dunes and mirages, yet the Iraqi government has not claimed reparations suggesting it's cabinet was in cahoots.

Liar Nayirah 1990-08-01 gave "eye-witness" testimony at the UN about being a nurse when Iraqi troops allegedly removed babies from incubators.

Its unclear how the non-nurse witnessed anything from her home in US where she did an acting course.  Her dad was Kuwait's ambassador.  Maybe she should be nominated for an Oscar.

Absolutely - I remember that part, she lied...

No one ever said the Saddam was an angel, but there was no reason to invade and flatten it.

lePlongeur

20-Aug

fire THE WEAPON INDUSTRY!

Africa WAS AND is always at war with arrows and spears... less death and more harmony could been seen if the U.S.A  and Russia doesn't make a business by selling them arms!

boom

Harold27Z

21-Aug

No.

Third world components cannot afford to pay for weapons so the weapons were DONATED free of charge at tax-payer expense.