Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

idea for scrappy Mountain Majesties swap   General Discussion

Started by mickineel; 1242 views.
nicklenana

6/29/07

Micki, I am interested in this swap too.  I have made this block before and it really is easy.  I used the blocks for a border.  Turned out really neat.

Will be watching for you to post the swap.

Linda

Mego_98125

6/30/07

Micki, I would be interested in this swap.  I have looked at this pattern and put it in my 'todo' file...I will be gone the end of July/first of August but will be checking after that.  This would be fun!

Megan

shep3327

7/1/07

The block is easy and fun...can we chose a color???

Chris

mickineel

7/2/07

Chris,

I am probably going to have everyone choose colors. 

Do we want to choose 2 colors ( 1 for each side of the block ) or just choose 1 color and a neutral color for the other side? 

I was thinking that it would be kind of neat to choose 2 colors. I am still wanting to make a pink and black quilt and might make this my oportunity to do so.

I will also leave the scrappy option open if anybody wants their blocks scrappy.

micki

• Edited 7/2/2007 6:37 am ET by mickineel
shep3327

7/2/07

I would chose 1 color to match up with a neutral...I think...such decisions!

Chris

sophie (swapaholic)

7/3/07

Micki,

I think it's a great idea for a swap. Depending upon the timing (and whether or not I'm caught up with a few other ongoing swaps and projects), I'd like to participate.

sophie ... whichever way you decide to go on picking colors ...

Gosh I wish I could join in with this one, that looks great.  My DD is getting married in October though and I have her dress and cake to make (as well as my own) so I am being strong and not signing up for anything new.

Good luck and have fun though.

McNielTX

7/13/07

Hi! I've been off the forum for a while (guess I've been too busy with all my other swap blocks and about 1000 other projects...LOL)-- but this swap sounds too fun to pass up! Count me in when you get it going! Fall would be great...

--Kathy (http://texasmomkj.blogspot.com)

katelnorth
Staff

7/13/07

Nice idea for a swap, Micki. I probably won't join in (am resisting joining block swaps until some of the blocks I have are at least joined into tops - notice I said "some" and not "all" LOL).  Personally, I like the idea of having people pick two colours, but it would work well with one and neutral, too. Also a pattern that would look nice scrappy. I will follow along with interest!

Kate

mickineel

7/14/07

Kathy,

1000 projects?  yep you need another one <g>   your not over commmited until you reach 1050 projects! <g>

keep checking back,   I will probably start sign ups at the begining of August. ( after my nephews wedding is out of the way)

micki