Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

idea for scrappy Mountain Majesties swap   General Discussion

Started by mickineel; 1245 views.
mickineel

7/14/07

Kate,

Sorry that you won't be able to join us. ( unless you decide that you haven't reached your 1050 projects and can take on 1 more.)<g>

I did make one of the these blocks and they are soooo easy! the worst part is after you cut the 4 strips out of the blocks to arrange them the right way.  and that just means that you can't just grab and sew.  I did find that to make sure that I kept the strips in the right order to sew, I used a piece of felt ( that I just happen to have sitting around for another project) and transfered it to my sewing table on that and I didn't have to make sure that I had the strips in the right order again.  I made it with black and pink fabrics and I love it!

I am going to make another one with more scrappy and neutral fabrics and see how it turns out.

micki

SevenBoxes

7/29/07

What size block would you prefer?

I don't promise to join the swap  - I never seem to allocate enough time for sewing - but I could do the math for enlarging the block if you'd like.

Craftstar

7/29/07

Hmmm, I havent really thought anymore about it. Ill let ya know.

Debbie

sophie (swapaholic)

7/30/07

I went to a quilt show yesterday and saw a quilt that reminded me of your idea for this swap. It's at the top of this blog post:

http://sophiejunction.blogspot.com/2007/07/at-quilt-show-thinking-of-you.html

Scroll to the bottom for a link to all my quilt show photos.

sophie

mickineel

7/30/07

Sophie,

Oh my, that is so pretty! Thank you so much for the picture.

It just reaffirmed that I am going to have to do the swap. I will post the swap by the end of next week.  This week is a little busy yet but next week is right before I go back to work and a good time to get going on something new.  (even though I have plenty of other UFO's I could do something with.)

micki

mickineel

8/6/07

swap is posted!

look under swaps,

scrappy mountain majesties

rho

8/28/07

Hello Kate, how are you?

I was just browsing about and saw your note about finishing some quilts before joining in another swap...

How are you coming along?  How many have you peiced so far.  I just wanted to chime in to say........... that's why I stopped for some time.... to get some of my "swap kits" pieced as well.  I have piece together (3).

1 from the "Double Four patch" swap  (Brown) - "A Taste of Chocolate"

1 from the "Paths and Stiles" swap (muti & green sashing)"Layla's Flower Garden"

1 from the "Scrap Buster" swap  "Batiky Block Party"

and................. I am currently working on the 4th one.(not yet shown in my pics)..both block sets from the HST swaps.  and I want you to know, that pushing these out the door, or quilting myself is AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! such a  WONDERFUL feeling!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/pakitamas

Happy Quilting!!

rho 

• Edited 8/28/2007 3:16 pm by rho
In reply toRe: msg 27
katelnorth
Staff

8/28/07

Good for you Rho - I still have tons of blocks to put together into tops, but at least i'm not accumulating more!

Kate

Ragadylady

9/17/07

Hi;

I am new here, I now this post was from awhile back,  (just browsing), but I saw your Mystery Quilt 3.....WOW !!....that is really pretty. The colors are amazeing, I would have never thought of the combination.  I am impressed.

Just thought I would let you know :-)

W.J.

Craftstar

9/18/07

Good morning,

Thank you for your comment, I adore doing the mystery quilts and that was the first time that i had used so much yellow in a quilt, seems to have worked out pretty good.

Also welcome to the forum, you will find an awsome bunch of ladies here.

Debbie