Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1079180 views.
LindaPutt

Apr-23

We had a good Easter too.  Spent it resting from our long drive back from our Colorado vacation.  We had such a nice time seeing family - both Rick's and mine still live there. 

The weather was a lot different during our stay in the mountains than it is in Phoenix.  We woke up the first morning to 19 degrees and snow.  Most of the time it was nice weather though.  We spent a few days walking around Vail, Breckenridge, Dillon, and Frisco.  We shopped at the factory outlet stores up there too and hit some good end of season sales.  There are no quilt shops up there anymore though - nuts.

All in all a really nice get away. 

LindaPutt

Apr-23

Our remodel is finally finished (started mid-January - finished mid-April).  I told some of you when I saw you at retreat that we were in the middle of it.  We have more to unpack (especially my sewing room) but it's starting to feel like home again.  We had the popcorn ceilings removed (messy) and they jack hammered the old tile out to put in the new flooring (even messier).  We're still chasing the dust.  We like how it turned out though, so putting up with everything being torn up, has been worth it.  We had the kitchen and bathrooms redone, new flooring put in, and ceiling and walls painted throughout.  It almost feels like being in a new house.  In the past we remodeled before we moved and the new people got to enjoy it.  This time we remodeled just for us and we get to enjoy it.  Yea!

Suze (casuzenn)

Apr-23

yay for it being finally done!!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-24

I remember our remodel here.  Hard to live in the house and the dust.  We love what we did and I'm sure you will enjoy yours.  Were you still watching Zahn through all this?  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-24

Boy it is quiet here.  Did all of you see on FB that I have signed the contract for the hotel next year.  Feb. 13-16th.  I know we will have our usual good time.

LindaPutt

Apr-25

I know, right!  We spent a lot of days "camped out" on our front porch while they were jack hammering the tile floors out and while they were scraping the popcorn ceilings.  Thankfully it was during a nice time of the year and it wasn't too hot.  We're so glad to have that behind  us.

LindaPutt

Apr-25

At times it felt like it was never going to be finished.  I'm sure it was that way with you too.  There's still a lot to do to get settled but at least the worst is over.  Yes, Zahn was here during some of it.  Thankfully, not the jack hammering though.

LABFIEND

Apr-25

Mishii said:

I'm still picking out quilting. 

So do you take the quilt off the frame and pick out the threads and then reload? Did you have to completely take out all the threads?  Yuck!  I have had to pick out areas but left it on the frame.  I do have two Aunt Margaret throws that need to be picked out and redone......haven't done that yet!!

LABFIEND

Apr-25

I hit the weather  just right visiting my Colorado friend after retreat.  the weather has been off an on really bad since.  Glad you had a good visit and enjoyed Colorado and visiting family.  It is pretty there, but I don't know if I would want to go back to live.  Like going to visit my friend, even tho the altitude gets me every time!!

Glad you got your remodel done, I have popcorn ceilings that need to go, but no ambition to do it!!

bornblesse2

Apr-25

We are beginning to think about some updates for our home.  I have a ton of decluttering to do before that starts though..,,