Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1043265 views.

I finally have my sewing room fairly well put together. I started cutting on a new project. It's one of those that I always wanted to do, but put off because of others. This is what I'm starting on. Thought I'd share (this is a website pic, not mine) Image result for blue ridge beauty quilt pattern requirements

I like okra, if you bread it in cornmeal and kinda fry it. LOL :) 

Speaking of veggies, I'm really liking them more and more recently. Asparagus is my fave, but I also like roasted cauliflower or brussel sprouts. Of course all the "normal ones" I just can't get into broccoli or radishes, or fruit. LOL!

That quilt is pretty, lots of tiny pieces. 

Suze (casuzenn)

May-16

Lots and lots o' teeny tiny pieces in that one! Gives me the heebeejeebees just thinking about how many!! it would take me a looooooooooong time to make something like that picture..you'll probably whip it out, lickety split! Can any of it be done with strip sets or is it all individual pieces? Reminds me of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts...

Suze (casuzenn)

May-16

I like okra...in chicken soup mostly - though fried with a coating  sounds pretty tasty - I can't do cornbread..but maybe almond meal or crushed pork rinds would work.

but I can't get my DH to eat it...sigh - he says its too slimy for him..so I don't buy it...

LABFIEND

May-16

Suze (casuzenn) said:

but I can't get my DH to eat it...sigh - he says its too slimy for him..so I don't buy it...

That is the beauty of frying it, you fry the slime out!  You don't have to bread it,  somethimes i fry it with a little bacon!

LABFIEND

May-16

Well, I have been binge watching Bosch, now I am on the last episode of season 5, what will I do now!!!

The series Widow looks promising!

Yep. I got as far as cutting about 2/3 last night. Then my hand was about to fall off...LOL!

It is Bonnie Hunter. :) They're not as small as you think, really. I'll strip piece some of it (four patches) :)