Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1046317 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

May-22

lppenguins said...

I hope your mom is ok.

Thanks.  She did well in the shower today.  I was nearby in case she needed anything.  Picked up a couple of things for her and then came home.  Gave her a call this evening and she sounded much better than she has.  I think moving around more and getting past the 3rd day since injury she is feeling a tad better.  I appreciate your understanding.

Judy (DJZMOM)

May-22

Kim D. (KIMDIG) said...

when I was packing up my mother-inlaws house I found a lovely wool blazer, black with white.  Since she will never wear it again, I claimed it and decided to put it in my wool stash for later.  I think at this point I'm doing more collecting than sewing,

LOL  Good for you!  You've got Patty's, Colene's, Laura's and my disease!!  Enjoy!!!

Glad you're starting to feel better :) 

I started it. Don't have so much time, and have been feeling horrid.

Judy (DJZMOM)

May-22

Mishii said...

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

unless he is still employed the day after the next round is finished.

If he is a RIF, we he go ahead and retire?

Yes.  Likely.  But he was encouraged to "stay in contact" with both of his former managers who both left and joined other opportunities.  So he will see how things go.  Today he was just asked by his new manager to work on a project David thinks will take longer than 2 weeks.  So...  we are just riding the wave to see how far it takes us.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

May-22

Thanks Kim.  Mom's fall was a "good" warning for all of us.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

May-22

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

My DS & DDIL were flying to Colorado Springs this AM.  Their flight was cancelled and American Airlines switched them to Delta.  They have to fly into Seattle, then Denver with a bus to Colorado Springs.  I hope their trip home is smoother.

Oh my!  I've seen lots of posts of the snow from family in the are between the Springs and Denver.  Jeepers!  And David is thinking Ft. Collins would be a nice place to retire to!?!?!

KSCarolyn

May-22

My shower has a grab bar and a seat in it but I never take a shower without taking my cell phone into the bathroom with me.  My tub and shower are separate so I place my cell on the edge of the tub so if I fall I can reach it from the floor.  Tell your Mom to always take the cell phone into the bathroom with her when she showers.  My son is an EMT and I would hate to have him show up in the rescue squad and have to come in to rescue me.  That's a sight he could never unsee.

Carolyn

Suze (casuzenn)

May-22

KSCarolyn said:

My son is an EMT and I would hate to have him show up in the rescue squad and have to come in to rescue me.  That's a sight he could never unsee.

lol....

yeah...I take my mobile into the bathroom whenever I am showering and my DH is not home. I have a built in grab bar (I used to use it for the washcloth!) and a suction cup bar  that I  check  to make sure its still firmly stuck on the wall BEFORE I get into the shower...and a shower stool...it's kinda in the way but its been gratefully used by both DH and me on occasion!

Today is demo day for my Dad's walk in tub with tomorrow being the install...I hope he likes it...I will warn my Sis about the 'getting cold while waiting for it to drain' issue...Dad and Mom keep the temperature in their house pretty warm so if he has a towel nearby, I think he will be warm enough...if not, he might need an extra heater in the bathroom...

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-22

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

awful flight for DS and DDIL.

It was awful and they were both sick with bronchitis and exhausted as they got up at 2:40 for a 5 AM flight.  That's the one that was cancelled.

At least you will see Mark this weekend and have more time to work on your house and your longarm.