Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1080570 views.
bornblesse2

Jun-24

Judy, he is a nice young man.  He has known DD long enough to see she goes thru bad mental health dips and it hasn’t scared him off yet.  So that is huge!  She will always have those severe ups and downs!  

He told us he just got a big job promotion that he is excited about!  And they want to find a small house to rent by December and get out of the apartment. So they are moving along....yes, he is good man for DD to have.

a quilt?  I don’t know yet....something to think about in the next few months.

KSCarolyn

Jun-24

Ellen, tomorrow is 4 years since you drove me and my dogs to Kansas.  Do you remember?  Can't believe that it has been 4 years already.

Carolyn

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-24

bornblesse2 said...

yes, he is good man for DD to have.

I'm so glad for you all!  Enjoy this new adventure!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-24

KSCarolyn said...

Can't believe that it has been 4 years already.

Wow, I remember that adventure.  I imagine after your rain and flooding in the area this past season it seems much longer!  

bornblesse2

Jun-24

4 years?  How can it be that long ago!  That move was hard on your dogs, but they made it!  I was so very glad I could help you.

lppenguins

Jun-25

Oh that’s such good news Ellen, Congratulations!

lppenguins

Jun-26

Oh gosh Carolyn how scary!  I’m glad you were home and that you had your cell phone right there. 

I’m glad your ok, take care ok

Four years? Time flies doesn’t it. July 1 will be 7 years we have been in Texas! Just wow.  I hope you’re feeling better. Did he put you on an antibiotic for the ear infection?

sueinIL

Jun-26

Hi!

I made a Book Nerd quilt for our library.  I used selvages along book spines as titles, put some crossways strips at the top and bottom of the spines, even used a few charms sewed on to look like bookmarks.  It is a neat quilt that you can do so much with.  I used batiks for covers, and some of them looked like leather.  For some of the pages, I found some handwriting fabric.  Just unique touches here and there.  It's hanging over a loft railing right now, but our town is building a new library, so maybe it will be a part of that, too.  Be sure to post pics of yours;  I'd love to see it!

Sue in IL