Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1112330 views.
lppenguins

Jul-26

It’s so weird. And clearly I’m not smart enough to figure out how this could possibly help anyone steal identities (?) 

nylaagain

Jul-26

I take great comfort in knowing no one wants to be me.

Mishii

Jul-26

nylaagain said:

I take great comfort in knowing no one wants to be me.

We all take great comfort in that.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-27

lppenguins said...

That is the cutest thing. I have a couple panels of Noah’s arc and maybe even animals like a dumbo. 

Hope it’s ok to totally copy yours. :0)

Thanks!  Totally copy away!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-27

Here is a final picture of the pressed top ready to go on Lizzie!

I'm planning to use the coral red for the binding.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-27

I'm kind of excited.  DJ is getting closer to time when he leaves to do his fall semester in France.  No, not because he's leaving again...  really!  But DH's job has lasted six months longer than we anticipated.  So...  he said we can go over to visit DJ when he's off for Fall break at the end of October!  DH first suggested Paris but I'd kind of prefer to go to Germany (and so would DJ) so...  we are going to Munich!!!  I just purchased our airline tickets and confirmed the hotel and DJ will use his EuroRail pass to meet us there for the week or however long he decides.  We will be right near the City Center and train and other transportation possibilities.  We are all looking forward to touring the Deutsches Museum (Science and Technology) as DH has told DJ of this since he toured it about 30 years ago, in the last century, while travelling to Germany on business.  He's seen a lot of Germany and France as HP had facilities and sales offices over there but it has been some time.  Guess I'd better get to prepping handwork for the two direct 11+ hour flights and resting time!  But after I get this Dumbo baby quilt done first!

Just had to share!

Judy a trip to Germany sounds awesome. I was there last about 20 years ago and it is just so full of beautiful picturesque little towns and villages. I am sure you will have a wonderful time. (For me it was even more fun because I speak pretty fluent German, but not to worry most Germans know enough English to converse with you).

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-27

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

so...  we are going to Munich!!!

Judy, that is SOOOOO exciting!   Maybe you could ask Marcia Hohn for places to see that the regular tourists might overlook.   You're going to have so much fun!  Hooray!

Mishii

Jul-27

That is so exciting and amazing!  So very thrilled for you!