Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1141297 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-22

I will have to look that up!  Anything to do with your family?

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-22

I'll let you know if we get to your area and have time to stop.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-22

While I was in Ohio, my friend who is not a quilter took me to the quilt shop in Waynesville, the Fabric Shack.  It was great.  2 buildings of fabric. After a little retail therapy, we had lunch at a small family restaurant.  It was yummy.  It is a town that I would like to return to to walk around and visit the shops.   The owner said they get a deluge of visitors on the weekends for the antique shops, etc. so many of the businesses are closed on Monday.  Of course, we were there on a Monday.  

We didn't end up going to see Bob's brother.  He was moving and things were very chaotic.  Unfortunately that meant we didn't go towards Judy's direction and Bob decided he was driving straight up I-75.  We missed a stop at Judy's.  I was really looking forward to that.disappointed_relieved  Maybe next road trip.  That means I missed the Door Mouse also.  Judy, thanks for recommending the Fabric Shack. 

We have made it safely to Michigan.  We have driven over 2500 miles so far.  We had a free afternoon today so Bob did take me to 2 quilt shops.relaxed

DGD, Carley is 13 today.  We are sorry to be missing her birthday but have Face-timed her.  Time passes so fast.

lppenguins

Aug-22

So glad your there with no events. What a good day even if it was Monday. And a good sport of Bob to go to other quilt stores  

Right now I’m tackling my quilt room!  I’ve been in here since 9:00am. I have more piles I swear.

I did get up my cute little shelf with a quilt hanger under it. On to the board that will hold all of my rulers and scissors. I measured 4 times, marked it and did the right side,  on to the left side, Yep the one stud in this room — (and I don’t mean a hunk a muffin). Another hole and another sad face. 

I’m not giving up either,  I’m starting to rhyme though, kind of like a Texan  I said “well HAIL now I gotta find another skinnier NAIL”

i’ve not completely lost it, but I do feel I’m on the yellow brick road to it!  lol

have a great rest of your trip  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-22

Unfortunately, it's kinda required that you make a real big, huge mess in the process of re-organizing.  You need to get everything out where you can see it so you know which items to group together and where they need to be.

It certainly takes a while.  Hopefully, your pile of things going away is getting bigger. :-)

viola (sissly4)

Aug-22

No it has nothing to do with my family.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-22

I'm glad you got to Fabric Shack!  It is delightful!

latterberry

Aug-23

I had to go to a town So, really, I just drove through.

LABFIEND

Aug-23

lppenguins said:

I’m not giving up either,  I’m starting to rhyme though, kind of like a Texan  I said “well HAIL now I gotta find another skinnier NAIL” i’ve not completely lost it,

Ha Ha, well keep after it!  You will make it!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-23

Good luck with your sewing room.  You will get there.  Talk to you this morning at our retreat planning meeting.  Hope all the connections work.

Last night we had dinner with a couple of nurses from my nursing class at Wayne State University in Detroit and their spouses.  Fun to remember the old days.  Graduated 54 years ago.  Glad we made time for this.  One of them has stage IV colon Cancer and the other lymphoma.  We had a reunion in 2015(50 years) and may try to have another at a 5 yr interval next year but not here  but somewhere else in the country.