Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1191579 views.
YDritch

Oct-14

Many of you have already seen on FB that we had to put our little Mandy down.  She had a pampered life with us but she also was by my side, supporting me, when I lost my son and lost my husband.  I had so many emotional ties to her.  Like all of us who love our pets, they share our happiness and our tears.  Mandy will always make me smile, even through my tears.

((((((((YETTA)))))))) I am so sorry about Mandy. There are some fur babies that are so precious. 

Mishii

Oct-14

Oh Yetta, I'm so sorry.  Sweet Mandy will be in your heart forever.

latterberry

Oct-15

Oh dear.  I am so very sorry.  Losing a dear pet is so heartbreaking.

MarciainMD

Oct-15

I'm so sorry about Mandy.  I hope the heartbreak you're feeling now will ease while you keep her in  your memories.

lppenguins

Oct-15

Let Judy know thoughts and prayers for her family ♥?

lppenguins

Oct-15

Oh my Cody was a dachshund, he was my angel in disguise so I understand. Hugs and love for your loss. ♥? 

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-15

I had an 'exciting' night last night...I was down at my parents. We ate dinner and then it was time for me to go home - we put my Mom in bed and my Dad was in the bathroom..my Sis walked out with me to my car - she wanted to see the Moon since it was still close to being the full Hunter's Moon...I kinda turned around a bit and o.m.g...I saw smoke  and an eerie  red glow and it was CLOSE... both my Sis and I were instantly terrified...we kinda ran down the sidewalk and the passageway between the next door neighbor and his next neighbor was on FIRE!!!! Flames were shooting up over the top of the building - its two story...so my Sis called 9-1-1 and I went up and banged really loudly on the screen door and shouted at the top of my lungs...THERE IS FIRE IN YOUR HOUSE!!! The flames were roaring and I could feel the heat...I scurried back to the sidewalk as both houses the residents came out (saving me from having to bang on the other neighbor's door - he came out to see what the racket was!)...Sis called out to the next door neighbor's kid to get a hose...they started hoses from both houses...and we found out a bit later that the neighbor behind them also had a hose going full bore...about this time 4 or 5 police cars came roaring up...and started to take charge of the situation.. a minute or two later 4 large firetrucks and the fire captain showed up - actually a bit late to the party as the hoses had reduced the fire to just embers...meanwhile...I moved my car from the street into my parents driveway to get out of the way of the firetrucks...there was no leaving that street at that point!....all the neighbors were out in the street...and so many were in front of the houses that had the fire that the firemen bellowed 'GET OFF THE SIDEWALK! My parents have lived in that house since 1975 and I think this was the first time we meet all those neighbors!! Dad and Mom are both profoundly deaf...but my Mom could see all the flashing lights and sent my Dad out to see what was going on..we were so scared that we were going to have to evacuate them...but..all's well that ends well...someone said it was a couch between the houses that was on fire..how?..that is one for the mystery books.

My Sis says the next order of business is to clear out THEIR passageway!! it has some overgrowth...

My poor knuckles are bruised purple...but we got to see hunky firemen in their uniforms!

bornblesse2

Oct-15

Oh my gosh!  I know that sort of excitement and I wish you didn’t!  Although I never experienced a neighbors house....

i am so glad that your parents home and they themselves are all right.  Rest up tomorrow, I bet you will be tired.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-15

Holy moley.  Holy smokes, even.

You don't need that kind of excitement .. ever.  I'm glad it all worked out well and that you did NOT need to evacuate.