Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1190271 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Nov-2

mxkittens said...

WTH?  Make sure they take care of that Judy. 

Thanks.  David is good at negotiation but we can't even begin that plan of attack until after next weekend and the activities around his Dad's services.  We talked to his Aunt today and she gave us an updated list of family coming to CA.  Wowsers, we'll have 17 from out of town plus 9 of us locals and a few other close ones.  I'd better make a HUGE Costco run next Weds.!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Nov-2

viola (sissly4) said...

Al son  came over and check it out. The port where it was plug in was bad.I so happen to have a extra port that was not in use.He plug it in the three port and it work. Save me some money.Got it printed off.

What a sweetheart!  I'm so glad you are still able to stay connected beyond your home.  (((( hugs to you ))))

DANCESONAIR

Nov-4

....The airline baggage system destroyed my electric scooter. 

Oh No! You didnt have the scooter the whole trip?? :o(

Judy (DJZMOM)

Nov-5

DANCESONAIR said...

...The airline baggage system destroyed my electric scooter. 

Oh No! You didnt have the scooter the whole trip?? :o(

Nope...  it languished in the hotel room the entire time.  Fortunately I took a collapsible cane I bought at WalMart just before we left and it helped so much.  David has even commented I should keep it in the car for use when I'm out and about.  Noooot quite sure about doing that.  But at least my guys were not embarrassed to be helping and old lady with a cane.  We could have been a poster picture of Boy Scouts doing a good turn daily!  hahaha

bornblesse2

Nov-5

Rick knows that feeling very well!  His 30 hours traveling to Africa was brutal!  It can take up to a week to get rid of all jet lag......just be gentle with yourself.  Rest frequently.

KSCarolyn

Nov-5

I have a cane that is dedicated to staying in my car.  I have this fear of falling since I have gotten older.  I use it to walk into WalMart if there isn't a cart handy.  I'm afraid of falling in the parking lot and screaming that "I have fallen and can't get  up."  It is a long walk from my car to the pew that I like to sit in at church so I use it then too.  I use to worry about how it would look to use a cane and then realized that nobody gives a flip.  Also, people have a tendency to give me room and let me go ahead.  WIN!

Carolyn

bornblesse2

Nov-5

Use your cane Carolyn!  I see canes and walkers as badges of intelligence!  They do a ton of things:  keep you safe, help your balance, keep you going longer as you can lean and rest, can help a weak joint, get you up from your seat independently, can reach for you.....those walkers carry things for you, provide a seat to rest, and so much more!

smart people use them to stay safe and be more independent!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Nov-5

bornblesse2 said...

It can take up to a week to get rid of all jet lag......just be gentle with yourself.  Rest frequently.

Thanks.  We got antibiotics today from our Dr and David thinks it's beginning to work.  I am just looking forward to feeling better.  I've been shopping for some basic foods to be available for the first of the nearly 20 family who will begin arriving Th morning.  I also put some sheets in the washer and have to get them dried tomorrow to get them back on the bed.  I felt a bit odd going through his suits and ties and unders to take stuff to the funeral home.  Neither of the sons felt comfortable with that I guess.  That and David is up to his eyeballs in trying to figure out details of managing the estate.  I think we'll be more able to rest after the last of folks leave on Sunday or Monday.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Nov-5

KSCarolyn said...

people have a tendency to give me room and let me go ahead.  WIN!

Carolyn

I do like that about using a cane!  Even little kids don't seem to dart in and around me as closely.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-5

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

I also put some sheets in the washer and have to get them dried

oooo!    Thanks for the reminder!  I have a load of underwear in the washer that needs to be dried ... otherwise I won't have anything to wear .. under .. tomorrow!  :-)