Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1192155 views.
bornblesse2

Nov-6

Yes, I was with MIL to the very end.  But when it came to the clothes and when they moved her, I just couldn’t ....I think it hit home/ reality too hard.  My SIL did it.  She saw it as her last act of kindness....but then she didn’t spend the hours and hours of her last days and week at her side.

yes, the family will be comfort and yet when they leave, you will find yourself exhausted.  Take care of yourselves, and be kind to selves....if there are things these traveling family members do to help - be it big or small tasks- be sure you let them!  Most times I find that helps everyone,

HUGS MY GIRLFRIEND

Mishii

Nov-6

bornblesse2 said:

I see canes and walkers as badges of intelligence!  They do a ton of things:

My grandfather used his to hit us and/or poke us as we walked by.  He found this hysterical.  We did not.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Nov-6

Thanks for your words of experience and wisdom.  

LABFIEND

Nov-7

Mishii said:

My grandfather used his to hit us and/or poke us as we walked by.  He found this hysterical.  We did not.

That explains a lot!! LOL

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-8

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

It is very humbling to know how much David's Dad meant to each generation and that they would stop their lives to spend money to travel to CA to be all of us (his immediate family).  

Isn't it wonderful to know that he means so much to so many?  I know I can tell you not to exhaust yourself but it won't matter, You will still do too much.  Be sure that both you and David get lots of rest after all have gone home.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-8

bornblesse2 said:

smart people use them to stay safe and be more independent!

I totally agree with you.  I have used both at times.

JustMarcie

Nov-8

This is the first time in months that I have been able to access this forum.  Blame a very old computer, last one my Son set up for me before he was murdered.  Glad I was able to get on this evening.  I am a retired Veterinarian, and absolutely feel your pain.  I am sure it was very difficult to say goodbye.  You are absolutely correct our fur babies are a very wonderful companion when we face grief and loss.  I am sending you a big hug and my condolences.

YDritch

Nov-8

fur babies are a very wonderful companion ...

Thanks, Marcie.  We're dealing with it but find some days are easier than others.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-8

JustMarcie said:

Blame a very old computer, last one my Son set up for me before he was murdered.

ummm .. say what?   About your son, not the computer.

Had you mentioned this horrific event before and I've been brain dead about it??    Marcie, I'm so, so sorry for your loss.  I can't even imagine the grief you have gone through.

((((  Marcie ))))