Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1188375 views.
JustMarcie

Nov-8

It has been a few years and the pain is getting less.  End of November 2014.  I don't do Thanksgiving and the Black Friday shopping trip my son camped out for to get deals for his family, wrong place wrong time..

Thank you for your concern.  It does suck.

bornblesse2

Nov-8

Marcie,  how are you?   I haven’t seen you.....

is hubby doing ok?  And you?  Saw your quilt at the Flying Pig today....another wow!

JustMarcie

Nov-8

Mike is struggling, he needs a replacement shoulder, with a less than 50% success rate.  He has said pass on that.  I am doing well after the Aug 6th Motor Vehicle Rear end accident.  I have only residual cartilage brusing from seat belt.  Very painful and will last another 6 months or so.  But, we replaced totaled car.  Same make and model just a bit newer.  I will have to overcome some phobia about driving on the I-17.  Right now I am comfortable with surface roads (not that are any safer).  Thank you for your concern.

Marcie

bornblesse2

Nov-8

I am glad you are better!  And yeah! New car!

have fun with your ugly  project....

MarciainMD

Nov-9

YDritch said:

We're dealing with it but find some days are easier than others.

We lost our two furbabies almost a year ago and DH and I still miss them every day and sometimes cry together.  They left their paw prints on our hearts.  But we're able to look at all our photos of them and laugh at their antics.  I hope you will be able to do the same soon.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Nov-10

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

I know I can tell you not to exhaust yourself but it won't matter, You will still do too much.  Be sure that both you and David get lots of rest after all have gone home.

Thanks Cathy!  Yes, we will.  The first of the family began their journeys home this morning.  We also took DJ up to SFO and dropped him at the International Terminal for his 3pm flight.  Then David and I took the long way home via the coast to Half Moon Bay and ate some yummy clam chowder and fish-n-chips just us.  It gave David a bit of time to debrief all he has been feeling.  We had a special time with family this weekend and the internment was special and memorial service very meaningful to all.  David and DJ both did their parts wonderfully and Gpa would have been proud of them and pleased with the music and message.  We are going to pop by DFIL's house once more this evening so we can make arrangements for what the last visitors will do with the house key at 3am.  We won't be there to lock up!

I have kinda worn myself out but they have been good about helping and my mom and sister were great blessings to the family having lunch ready when we all got home from the cemetery.  I'm glad the family treated them like family and not just caterers.  This week for me is very light so sleeping in is first thing on my agenda!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-10

Glad all went well.  Didn't realize DJ was coming home.  Sounds like you have a plan for rest.  I know you want it done but some things take time and work. Prioritize and pace yourselves.