Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1349361 views.
KSCarolyn

Mar-10

Suze (casuzenn) said:

do you remember Becky cracking up when she 'got' why the gecko I finished was called 'Miss MaryJane the Pirate Gecko'??

No, I have no memory of this.  It's confirmed, I have lost my mind.  Eh......why was it called Miss Maryjane the Pirate Gecko?

Carolyn

• Edited March 10, 2020 5:58 pm  by  KSCarolyn
KSCarolyn

Mar-10

Do you have pictures from the Quilt Mama's show and tell?  I apparently missed taking pictures.

Carolyn

• Edited March 10, 2020 6:02 pm  by  KSCarolyn
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-10

KSCarolyn said:

Eh......why was it called Miss Maryjane the Pirate Gecko?

heh ... I (Pirate) pieced the gecko.  One of the fabrics I used was of weed (i.e. marijuana .. MaryJane).   

Very clever of Suze to think of that moniker. :-)

Judy,  i want to PM or email you information about how your son can apply to General Dynamics as a summer intern. But i don't know how. Can you walk me through the PM process or give me your email address so i can zend it to you.  Carolyn Gaupo 

Suze (casuzenn)

Mar-10

KSCarolyn said:

Eh......why was it called Miss Maryjane the Pirate Gecko?

because of the marijuana fabric and the pirate fabric on the gecko..plus it was made by Pirate (adopted by me to finish)...

Mishii

Mar-10

LABFIEND said:

Picky picky!!

Yeah, I'm not doing that with your thongs either.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-11

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

becomes obvious that I'm trying to do too much stuff in too short a time period,

Sometimes you just have to pack it all up and sort it on the other end at your leisure.  You are only one person.  Get the storage unit emptied first so you don't have to pay for it.  Then, since you have your apartment for a while longer work on moving and getting rid of things from there.

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

Sometimes you just have to pack it all up and sort it on the other end at your leisure. 

That's what I did. And I'm still purging as I go. So more and more goes out...I'm loving that I can do a more spare look...

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Sometimes you just have to pack it all up and sort it on the other end at your leisure.

I am in New Mexico unpacking and repacking boxes that were moved twice already. What a pain.........I am now on a mission though. DD and I took a van load of stuff to donate today and I know there is lots more........just wanted the stuff outta here before I second guess it. This will take a bit of doing but it just has to be done I am tired of having stuff I never use, books I have been carrying around some since childhood..........yep someone else can use them more than me. I donated 5 boxes of books today. Sorting thru stuff on either end of a move just is hard.