Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1351202 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-11

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

becomes obvious that I'm trying to do too much stuff in too short a time period,

Sometimes you just have to pack it all up and sort it on the other end at your leisure.  You are only one person.  Get the storage unit emptied first so you don't have to pay for it.  Then, since you have your apartment for a while longer work on moving and getting rid of things from there.

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

Sometimes you just have to pack it all up and sort it on the other end at your leisure. 

That's what I did. And I'm still purging as I go. So more and more goes out...I'm loving that I can do a more spare look...

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Sometimes you just have to pack it all up and sort it on the other end at your leisure.

I am in New Mexico unpacking and repacking boxes that were moved twice already. What a pain.........I am now on a mission though. DD and I took a van load of stuff to donate today and I know there is lots more........just wanted the stuff outta here before I second guess it. This will take a bit of doing but it just has to be done I am tired of having stuff I never use, books I have been carrying around some since childhood..........yep someone else can use them more than me. I donated 5 boxes of books today. Sorting thru stuff on either end of a move just is hard.

judyinohio

Mar-11

Congratulations, Ami, on the donation spree that you are on. My mom used to call that process "lightening the load".

I am proud of you for donating things like that because others will benefit from your donations.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Mar-12

Thanks Carolyn!  You can email info to me at "judy at theakers dot com".  If you have a chance to then leave me a note here so I'll be sure to forward it on to DJ.  He's coming home for spring break Friday night and GaTech students are hearing rumors that they will be told to stay away for the rest of the semester (finals are the last week of April).  He is getting so sick and tired of the lack of any official information from the school but hearing stuff from professors and assistants that the are being told to conduct the remaining parts of their courses as on line classes.  He doesn't mind what they do but just would like some official indication as a student.

Yay you! That's amazing. It's so fun to get rid of stuff, isn't it?!

viola (sissly4)

Mar-12

I am cleaning out things that AL had.So i can  have room for my sewing stuff's.I am sending 13 quilts to LeAnn in Mo for her charity today.I wonder what it will cost me.

Okay,  i emailed you the information. Let me know if it doesnt show up. I'll try again. 

Carolyn Gaupo 

Judy my daughter is at New Mexico Tech and they only took 11/2 days to decide on online classes. Some of Sarah's profs are some of the one doing the new coronavirus research. Just remember God is in control. 

LeeAnn (mom1me2)

Mar-15

I will just drool and dream....