Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1386130 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Apr-28

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said...

Challenge fabric, royal blue background and the print looks like wood stalks outta brown,m white and black............pretty ugly but it has possibilities for sure.

Ah....  Yep!  I do recall seeing that from the opposite side of the room and deciding NOPE...  not playing with that challenge fabric!  I'm sure people like you and Suze and others who are more familiar with Art Quilt creation will do very clever things with that!  Have fun!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Apr-28

Mishii said...

I discovered today that I am highly allergic to the surgical masks we received.  On the rare occasion I wear a mask, I have been using one I made.

It seems though that I "should set an example" and "lead by example" or some such nonsense.

So I put the medical mask on.  I had it on approximately 1 minute.  My face started itching and tingling.  I took it off.  Within 5 minutes, my eyes were streaming, my nose was running, and I sneezed about a bazillion times.  Then I begged a Claritin off of a staff member.

I think I'm going to pass on the "real" masks from now on or just use an N95 if needed.  Sheesh that was not fun.

Wow!  So sorry you had to find out the hard way so dramatically.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-28

make a zip bag from the fabric.  If it isn't big enough, sew on some compatibles to make it big enough.  Just so you can get RID of the darn thing. :-)

(Besides, zip bags are fun to make and useful!  You could even give it away (but not to me, thanks!)

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-29

I thought you might like the card.  I found them when we were moving and tucked them away to send to someone special.  You qualify!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-29

We are going to try a Zoom meeting tomorrow.  This is at the top of the agenda.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-29

LABFIEND said:

But...but...I have finished season 6,   Now what?!!  I see there is to be a season 7, but looks like that will be the final season!

Oh, I hope not.  We really enjoy this series.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-29

YDritch said:

An older series on Prime that we really enjoyed was "Justified",

We loved Justified!   The main character had some pretty funny lines delivered perfectly.

YDritch

Apr-29

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

The main character had some pretty funny lines delivered perfectly.

And not bad looking either!!

lppenguins

Apr-29

I forgot about justified! I’ve wanted to watch it forever. 
I had my first zoom meeting yesterday. I took the seven of us about 30 minutes just to get everyone on and visible. One gal started with laptop, then I pad, then her phone. Lol 

we each had a couple of minutes to say what we’re working on. But it was great to visit with them. I’m a fan. 

Judy (DJZMOM)

Apr-29

Thanks but fortunately I didn't ask for a piece of the challenge fabric this time.  Last year I did make a drawstring bag out of the Ugly FQ we exchanged the year prior.  As soon as I got that back after the contest I threw it to the donation table.  Wasn't bringing it back home with me!!!  And...  I didn't want to strap a friend with it!!