Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1386109 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-7

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I saw this one today that made me IMMEDIATELY think of you.  You're welcome.  :-) I should be ashamed of myself. Let's be clear: I am not. But I should be.

Good One!

I do not want to be a nag.................but any word from the hostesses on the challenge fabric yet. While we are all trying to find things to keep us busy and distracted would be a great time to work on this.

bornblesse2

May-7

I thought Kim was going to post....I will send her a reminder!

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

May-7

Okay ladies, here are the Challenge rules.

Coronavirus Quilt Challenge 2021 Retreat

“Make me laugh or smile” 

With the doom and gloom of the coronvirus pandemic and being locked down in our homes for long periods of time, we have decided we need a challenge to make us laugh or smile. 

Rules will be as follows:

1. Use the Fabric “Bamboo on Navy blue” given out at the 2020 Retreat.  Use a sizable piece(s) so that we can recognize it.  (Thanks to Yetta for challenge fabric)   We do have a couple of fat quarters left.  So if you decide you want to take on the challenge you can email Kim to drop one in the mail to you.  
  2. Make a quilted wallhanging (maximum size 30 X 30), quilted bag or quilted table runner.  

Think outside the block and add text as you like, pictures, art, embroidery, etc., the object is to create a challenge piece that makes the viewer laugh, giggle or at least smile.  Who’s been hoarding the toilet paper?  Remember to keep it clean!  

Inspiration or ideas could come from something you enjoyed doing, something you saw, a book you read or something you created during the shutdown.  

Challenge yourself to try a new to you technique. Maybe it’s paper piecing, appliqué, redwork or sewing a zipper in the bag you want to make.  Stretch those quilting wings! 

Suze (casuzenn)

May-7

whoohoo!

on to trying to figure out what will make y'all laugh!

LABFIEND

May-7

Kim D. (KIMDIG) said:

(Thanks to Yetta for challenge fabric)

Huummmm, not sure we should thank her-LOL!!

LABFIEND

May-7

And just like that, I had an idea!!!

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

May-7

LABFIEND said:

Kim D. (KIMDIG) said: (Thanks to Yetta for challenge fabric)

Huummmm, not sure we should thank her-LOL!!

Ha ha, I've been thinking about how I'm going to turn this fabric into something that will make someone laugh or smile.    But that's what challenges are for Right??  

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

May-7

LABFIEND said:

And just like that, I had an idea!!!

Will it have trolls in it, maybe climbing out of the bamboo?  Tee hee!!!