Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1389363 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

May-9

me too! 

Cartoon done...on to picking coordinating fabrics!

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

May-10

Hi Ami, 

I would love to see the top you made out of that fabric!  I bet it is cute.   You did such a nice job on the jeans you made.  I bought a pair of casual capris on a good sale online, but the waste is huge so I need to alter them.  They fit nicely otherwise so hopefully it won’t take a lot of time. 

Yes, unfortunately the Coronavirus has really changed our world hasn’t it?  Our business is still busy for this time of year so that is good, we are fortunate.  A few of the snowbirds left here early because of the virus.  I can’t say I blame them with the shelter in place orders, they wanted to get home to their safe havens. 

I wanted to have my bathroom remodeled in March or April but that didn’t work out very well.  Now I’m not sure when I can have that done.      We are trying to be extra cautious with my dmil.  

Stay safe!

LABFIEND

May-10

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Scary!!

Yes, yes it is!!!

KSCarolyn

May-10

LABFIEND said:

Waiting on chicks this week!

If one uses stimulus money for baby chickens, does that mean we got money for nothing and our chicks for free?

Carolyn

Kim D. (KIMDIG) said:

I would love to see the top you made out of that fabric!

I have all the clothes I have made so far on my blog and you can see the top there. Now that I have washed and hung it to dry it shrunk the fabric up so it fits even better than in my blog photos. https://enchantingquilts.blogspot.com

It is good that you have a business that is not being affected. DH got laid off a week ago and has two months pay to find another job.................sigh!

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

May-10

Very clever Carolyn!  Lol!

Suze (casuzenn)

May-10

oh no!!

I guess that means you'll have to retrieve your Long Arm from CO...sigh

hopefully Mark finds something pronto!!

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

May-10

Oh no Ami, I’m sorry your dh was laid off.  Best of luck to him finding a job in the next few months.  Will keep you two in my thoughts & prayers.  

Many of my friends are working from home, some are furloughed and some have taken pay cuts.  I suppose that is a good alternative to being laid off.  My girlfriend who works in a Dr’s office was called back after being furloughed for four weeks.  She was apprehensive to go back to work because of the virus, which is understandable.  They wear masks, require the patients to wear masks & take patients temperatures before they come in the door, but it’s still a concern I’m sure.  Her husband is working from home.  

I will check out your blog to see your sewing projects.  Thanks for letting me know you still post.  

I was going to sew more masks this weekend, but that has been derailed due to Mother’s Day.  I finished some for my sister on Friday & mailed them off to her.  

Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!