Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1486660 views.

A friend of mine posted on Facebook that she made THIS No-Knead Skillet Olive Bread:  https://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/no-knead-skillet-olive-bread/?fbclid=IwAR2RiRHjSLU8iW8swVJQTBocUuhOzEquBUdoIyor9J_leHN9-NCXcjXrHoU

I guess if you didn't like olives, you could leave them out and/or use other things to make different breads.  She said it was easy.  I'm wanting to try this out one of these days when I get my cookware unpacked.  

Also wonder if it could be used to make sweet varieties instead of savory?

And should soon purchase a bed too (will probably be a day bed) with a good quality mattress -- something to sleep on besides air mattress!  They work good in a pinch, but it's getting old sleeping on it every night.  LOL  

Mishii

Jun-7

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

I do try to do the social distance thing

Some of us have been practicing this for years.  I can not tell you how fantastic it has been to not have coworkers and barely acquaintances hug me because, "Oh I don't care if you aren't a hugger, I AM!"  After the social distancing thing becomes just a sweet memory, I'm going to become either a boob or crotch grabber.  I haven't decided which.  "Oh, does that make you uncomfortable?  That is just the way I am!" honk honk

Fair warning for next retreat :) 

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Jun-7

Mishii said:

After the social distancing thing becomes just a sweet memory, I'm going to become either a boob or crotch grabber...Fair warning for next retreat :) 

considering how I got felt up and patted down the last couple of years by TSA that may not have the shock value you’d hoped for, but I’m not big on hugs anyway...

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-7

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

We have been working in the garage

We *finally* did that!  And by that, I mean that Mr. Pirate finally agreed to clear out the garage with me, as most of the stuff was his and only he could make the decision whether an item was a keeper or not.   I was so proud and pleased with his decisions ... we made 4 trips to the dumps!  Our dump trailer is a tad over 1 cubic yard, so that gives you an idea of just how much utter trash (no, not garbage, just junky stuff) was in the garage.

We also have a *large* donation pile that I'm eager to dismantle.  Right now, it's under a 10'x10' EZ-Up (we were having rain bursts, so the stuff needed protection).  But as our thrift stores are still closed, this big pile of stuff is still sitting in our parking area outside the garage.  sigh.

However, the *garage* looks fantastic.  LOTS of empty shelf space.  Mr. Pirate can FIND his stuff and he re-organized so that similar items were now stored together.  Best of all, we found all of our soap making supplies!   woo hooo!   I knew they were there but buried deep and now they have their own designated space on the shelving.  :-)

At Mr. Pirate's suggestion, we've made a list of areas to clean out on our kitchen whiteboard.  He likes (as do I) being able to wipe off items as they get completed.  :-)  Some of the items are big ticket activities .. like removing the hot tub.  There's LOTS of piece parts to that one, but, we'll eventually get it done.  :-)

Let's not talk about the inside of the house, though.  Don't be rude.  :-)

Yeah, sometimes we forget that not everybody loves to get big hugs - especially at events like the AZ Retreat, where we think of each other as one big happy family.  Let us know if you just prefer a smile and a verbal greeting.  I'm often uncomfortable with hugs myself, especially if it is someone I have not met before or don't know them very well.

So, next time I see you two (Misha/Mishii) anywhere, I will greet you as you prefer, and in the future I will ask other people if they want a hug, instead of just assuming that everyone does.

IMO, others should also speak out if they agree with this.     

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-7

If a person doesn't want a hug, I'm kinda partial to them wearing a tag that says, "back off, ye blasted mud turtle!" 

Ok, I'll just send you (((AIR HUGS!!!!))))

(runs and ducks)

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Jun-7

Hey, Shelley, you could make up a bunch for us before next retreat? Thanks in advance!

My comfort level with hugs has waxed and waned over the years. Now I'm firmly in the NO camp. If you've hugged me in the past, don't give it a second thought. But going forward I'll probably abstain.

bornblesse2

Jun-7

I do zoom with my sisters!  We love it.