Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1415616 views.
latterberry

Jun-8

I've enjoyed reading other's responses to being hugged.  I do love to hug my grandkids and my immediate family, but otherwise back off.  Two reasons--when I was little we HAD to hug our grandma and grandpa when visiting (which was weekly) whether we wanted to or not.  My grandpa thought it was great fun to scratch you face with his whiskers and it hurt,  but you dare not complain.  Also, when you are short and get hugged by a taller person and your face gets crushed into their chest and my glasses get bent.  So---I can be very happy to see you but don't need to hug you.

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said...

Maybe we need to have some tags people can wear so we know who wants hugs and who doesn't. I sure do not want anyone uncomfortable if they might get hugged and really did not want one.

That's what I said! Color code em, like Green for all the hugs possible, red for no way, yellow for approach with caution or something :P Maybe no mud turtles....hahaha!

Mishii--LOL!!! And that's ok. God made us all different for a reason!

BTW, had a new resident come in, and she had two ginormous wounds 1/2" away from each other, and a new wound vac. Nobody there, including the new ADON/"wound nurse" (no special training required, I guess) knew how to dress one!! I used to be great at it in my old location so went over and did it. Only thing is we branched it to a hip, and the new training is to branch it to the abdomen. Okidoki! It made me feel good to already be good at something nobody else there did! Thought you'd like that one :) 

Misha (MISHAMISHA) said...

Bwahahaha, love it! And no wet smoochies either. Yuck.

Well, I gotta say...I love hugs, but I am NOT a wet smoochie kind of girl. I save my smooches for my man :P 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-8

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

It is coming together slowly, and I am contributing a lot to the local and national economy.  :o)  

Moving is a massive undertaking, especially the older you get.  We stimulated the economy a lot also.  We did not move some of our furniture but sold or donated it.  Some was 50 years old.blush  I have to say that they don't build things like they used to.  Take it a day at a time.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-8

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

I do try to do the social distance thing and not go anywhere that I consider unsafe

That's me.  I also wear a mask to places where I don't think I can social distance.  I also consider who I am meeting with and how they behaved during the "stay home" orders.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-8

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Let's not talk about the inside of the house, though. 

Really big job after you have lived somewhere for a long time.  I found out when we moved and downsized!  I loved having all the storage n the old house but  not so much when I had to go through it to move!i

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-8

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

IMO, others should also speak out if they agree with this.

I totally agree.  I'm not offended if someone doesn't want a hug or even touching.  Please speak up.  Sometimes I hug to avoid offending someone.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-8

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

If a person doesn't want a hug, I'm kinda partial to them wearing a tag that says, "back off, ye blasted mud turtle!" 

There's an idea.  We are thinking about changes that might have to be made for the retreat.  That includes, unfortunately, decreasing the number that can attend.  If you have ideas and concerns, please email one of us before August.  Next retreat, I think we all may have to wear that tag.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-8

Mishii said:

PS - I'm pretty sure I don't need a color coded name tag now :D

As you can tell, not everyone is on the forum.  You may still need a tag.  Shouldn't be a problem this year.  See my previous post.